View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
Well, I can't publicly speak to whether my organization or any other west-coast founded organization marches, etc. in their closed sessions. But generally, I believe the west-coast founded orgs have the philosophy that the pledge education process is a private thing, and should not be viewed by the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
See the school I went to had a completely open campus so it was not a rarity to orgs in uniform marching to campus. Since I moved down south what LatinaAlumna said is holds true . A probate or coming out show has a completely different view and premise here as compare to the East coast. So I would imagine in the west it would have yet a another different look
While Theta Nu Xi is not a Latina sorority, I can echo the differences in how pledging is viewed across different regions. Theta Nu Xi was founded in the south and our intake process is private until the neos come out. Up here in the northeast, many of the cultural orgs don't know how to deal with a private process. They don't understand the concept.

Regardless, Theta Nu Xi's intake process is private no matter what campus we're on. Personally, I prefer privacy. I don't want to ever hear my undergraduates talking publicly about their process. It's too easy to get drawn into a conversation about how "hard" they pledged and nothing good ever comes out of that.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.