View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
The change seems to be that while the NPC sororities have written rules regarding admittance of Legacies, any change makes them more likely to become more like the NIC which tends to have unwritten rules. The NIC fraternities (as far as I can tell) still care about Legacies, they just don't have those rules which are going to *bind* chapters to specific results.
I highly doubt that Delta Gamma's decision took note of anything having to do with becoming more like NIC fraternities. Your thoughts/opinions on the change are a bit of a stretch, to be polite. Rather simplistic thinking, also.

OK, I'm not weighing in on the legacies discussion. In years past I've expressed my opinions about legacies. I wasn't one, and I don't have any, so I technically don't have a dog in this fight. I do agree with carnation's statement about small committees making big decisions without involving stakeholders. I've seen plenty of that behavior in my own fraternity in recent years. I also appreciate all of TXDG's thoughtful comments.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity