View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 06:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Most organizations official policy on legacies is that they are invited back after round one and than after that it is up to the chapter. I see that more as a courtesy than as preferential treatment. I know for my particular organization if a legacy makes it to bid day there are protocols to follow but again nothing even close to being preferential treatment.

I definitely don't think this is the way to go and would be disappointed if my organization did the same. I have a daughter going through recruitment who was really interested in the DG chapter at her school and this has kind of changed things for her. Also many girls going through who aren't legacies are actually looking for that for their own future daughters.

There are more girls in chapters that are not legacies than are and if we keep watering everything down there will be no reason for sororities to even exist. Next thing you know it will be unfair to have grade requirements so grade cuts will go away or it won't be fair to give girls a leg up who were super involved in high school . We can all change our profile pictures to Save Harvard but really I don't think we a far from what they are pushing towards.