View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Depledging and rushing in the spring

Okay so I have a pretty big dilemma here. I go to a big SEC school with a pretty profound greek life. I wanted to initially join a top tier fraternity and I had a certain one in mind. I fit in with them but I didnt have enough connections(exclusive) in order for me to get bid on. The reason for that was they had their pledge class picked out already by fall. I had a few fallbacks and I have always wanted to be in a fraternity so I chose a middle tier fraternity. I have been sticking it out in this pledge semester but I have found that my pledge brothers seem to be a lot different than me and not much in common. I feel like I made a mistake but I'm not sure. I was approached by my friend and another guy I met here at the university telling me if I drop the fraternity I'm pledging they would certainly have my back and get me in the spring. The problem is that I know in SEC schools spring pledges are looked down upon and dropping my current fraternity is also a shot in the dark. I know this is hard to advise someone on but could anyone relate or have some good advice on what would be a good choice?