View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Yes, they have 8 locals and KD. I agree that 8 seems low, but that was my best guess based off the photos the FB page posted-there were only 8 individual women in them. The photo was captioned "this semester's amazing founding members" so hopefully they will continue to pick up more as the semester goes on. Sewanee's formal recruitment period is in January as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
Sewanee has a Spring recruitment. I am assuming that this is their upperclass recruitment that they have in the Fall. I believe when KD first opened their doors, they had maybe 10 or 12 to start with. It is a different kind of campus. Some groups are large and some are very small. They don't have a quota/total system from what I can tell. Maybe with a 2nd NPC group on campus a College Panhellenic will be formed and things will change.
Thanks for the clarification/info! It's always interesting to me how things are done on campuses that have a local presence as well. I hope this campus continues to expand Panhellenically. Best of luck to both groups!