View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekNewb View Post
Hello everyone! As indicated by my username, I have absolutely no idea what to expect during recruitment! I'm attending IU in the fall and I have my heart set on becoming Greek! However, I am pretty clueless because none of my relatives are Greek. I know that because IU's recruitment is so competitive, reccomendations are neccessary and I only know a couple alumnae. How would I go about getting recs? Should I contact local alumnae from my area (none would be IU alums)? And if so, how should I go about contacting them? Or is there a better way of getting reccomendations? As you can see, I'm in serious need of some guidance! Any help would be much appreciated because becoming Greek is something very important to me. Thanks so much everyone!
1. Start by asking your teachers, friends' moms, people you know from church, people you know from sports, scouts, whatever, if they know anyone who is in a sorority and could give you a rec. Ask everyone you can think of.

2. When you have found some people, ask them if they know anyone else who could write recs for you. I have friends from college in other sororities and I know several of my coworkers' wives were in sororities, so I'd be happy to introduce a rec person to them.

3. Contact your city's alumna panhellenic and ask if they can help you.