View Single Post
Old 08-08-2001, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Importance of Recommendations!!!

Quick question. First I will tell the situation where you can get the feel of my school. I know a lot of other schools are bigger and rush seems to be extremely competitive from what I have read. My school has 9 national sororities. It's not a huge school so only about 200-300 girls go through rush every year. I think the biggest advice I've taken was to go into it with an open mind. I most certainly will. Through my bf the past year I was only introduced to a certain sorority you know hanging out and at parties. It is sort of just given that its the only sorority I should join. And I really want to. I've been reading up and it's first on the list, but I will see how it goes. Ok, my bf's sis is alumni and she said she would write me a recommendation and that I will get in no problem. Ok, I actually know 2 other alumni that are willing to write me recs also, but I didn't know how important they were to have or if there was any priority with them. Will those be impressive? I know alot of other big schools do the whole you have to have recs and an outstanding resume, but its a little toned down where I'm going. So could you give me some advice bout the recs? Should I go for all 3 or is that too many? And do they really take them into consideration? Thanks! I will keep you posted. Remember how it was when you went through rush? That's how I'm feeling!

Cristina