View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
My idea for my personal hell is any Disney theme park. I have never been, so maybe it's wrong of me to think that. However, I break out in a cold sweat and get the shakes when my daughter asks to go.

We also did Myrtle Beach quite a bit growing up. South of there, actually, in Surfside. Last trip was when my daughter was only 6 months old, and she hated the beach. The sand, the sun, something just pissed her off everytime we went there. She was happy as a clam in the private pool in the backyard though.

When I was growing up, every other year my grandma would take me on a cross-country Amtrak trip. Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Arkansas. I really want to travel by train with my kids when they get older. It's a dying form of transportation, but so fun to experience!
I LOVE Disney World! I guess it's because my family started going when I was 7. I've been 10 times. Unfortunately, it's not quite as detail oriented as when I was a little girl, but still very fun! There are rides for children and adults. The place is very whimsical. Your daughter will LOVE it! I overdid it the last time I went and stayed for too long. That was my birthday two years ago, but it may be getting time for another trip. I've never been to Disneyland so since I'm moving to AZ, I'll have to check it out.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!