View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Re-rushing at a different school after transferring

So i know this has been asked probably 1000000 times but im really trying to get to the bottom of this because to me, the rule against re rushing after being initatited especially when you tranferred schools seems down right unfair. I understand the whole ceremonial aspect of initation but every chapter at every school is different and the whole process of mutual selection is defeated when you are told you MUST affiliate with you previous sorority even if you tranfer. All chapters are completely different and can differ a lot from the values your previous chapter was based on. Hence, here i am asking for advice on how to go about challenging or finding a loophole around this. I have heard such things about being "released" from my current sorority and then seeking re reushing in which i can affiliate with another NPC sorority but not initiate which is fine by me, I supposed i wouldnt pay national dues, but would pay all the other ones. I am wondering if i need to go to panhellenic in request for the permission to re rush or if i am just free to do so despite that it is frowned upon after i drop my current sorority. Looking for advice because i know this has been done before but im just not sure how to go about it. Please let me know if you have any information regarding this, thanks.