View Single Post
Old 04-15-2002, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Mid-west....

When I refer to Mid-west (not the entire Mid-west -- shoot, I don't even know what states are all included in the Mid-west)....I'm referring to ILLINOIS (Chicago, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield areas) and the ST. LOUY. I don't know anything about OHIO. Never been there....and don't plan on it anytime soon

I see my Greek Sister DableST_01 knows what I'm talking about. And they have been doing this for years and years. The chapter that I was assisting with had a reunion celebration and some of the charter members sat around discussing this and said they never said 'sands'....they always said 'ships' or 'shippies'...then they just bust out laughing and said...we never knew what the heck was in that sand until we made another line. These members were made in the early 70's. Any other sisters from that area of the country be sure to 'chime' in and enlighten us all on the 'way' you all do things in that part of the 'Mid-west'.

Like stated before....state to state, region to region, chapter to chapter...things do vary.

As far as Detroit...my line sister was in Southfield Chapter and used to help with the undergrads up there. She said that that's what the undergrads were saying when she was there from '97-2001. So, it my be just that area of Detroit or etc.

Last edited by Happydaysf91; 04-15-2002 at 11:48 AM.