Thread: Day Care
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Run, do not walk, to your nearest CPS, or whatever agency oversees daycare providers and check this person out. Even if their record is squeaky clean, this is a VERY bad sign.

I was in daycare as a child (from 5 to about 7-8) and because of my experiences, I will **never** put my children in a daycare situation, even if it meant living out of a cardboard box.

My mother made the mistake of telling my daycare provider (Carol Vanblargan (sp?) in case anyone knows her) that she should "treat her no differently than your own children."

Mom didn't realize that Carol beat her children. Not spank--beat. With belts, for any reason or none. And Mom was paying Carol for the privelege of having 5-year-old me do her housework. (One of my more memorable beatings was when I accidentally knocked over a small potted cactus when bringing a basket of laundry to the washer.)

The piece-de-resistance was the additional beatings from her 3 boys. I won't go into the sexual molestation episodes by her 12-year-old son that finally got me released from that hell hole.

The point of this little rant, is that if someone makes a shady statement like the one you read, there is something they're trying to hide, or make appear better than it is to you. State the obvious of how you expect your child to be cared for, be very specific, and don't mince words. I suffered because my parents only "believed 1/3 of what their child told them."\

Go with your gut - it's the one part of you that never lies.

Adrienne