View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

So it was finally Sunday and I went to go meet with my Rho Chi group. While we were waiting for our Rho Chi to hand everything out, my boyfriend who had walked with me over to meet my group showed up and sat across from where we were sitting. I couldn’t figure out why. Later on he told me that he was downstairs in the university building where other groups were meeting and girls were crying all over. He was making sure I was ok as he was worried I would be upset with my invitations.

So my Rho Chi finally handed everything out to us and my invitations to Preference were from:

Mercury
Neptune
Mars
Jupiter

So this was an easy decision to make – I knew exactly where I wanted to go for Pref – Jupiter and Mars!! Needless to say I was absolutely thrilled. I was so close to being a Jupiter I could taste it!! So after filling out my bubble sheet as to where I wanted to go, I left to go get ready for Pref. I had been in a wedding earlier that year and I had a semi-formal type of satin dress to wear that nite.

When I arrived to get my schedule, it had my party schedule as Jupiter for Party 1 and Mars for Party 2. Uh oh, I was not happy that I would have the Mars party second. I wasn’t sure what I would experience at the Pref parties, but I wanted Jupiter fresh in my mind before signing my pref card. Our first party was also delayed significantly as there was a horrible tropical system moving through the area and the weather was so bad they were worried about putting 600 women on buses and leaving campus. Since we didn’t have houses, Pref parties were held in off campus locations within 10 miles and we had to ride the bus to Pref.

I have no idea what time we actually got on the bus to go to the first party, but it was just pouring and my shoes and the bottom part of my dress was wet. Oh well, everyone was pretty wet! So I went to the Jupiter party and my rusher was Alice that I had met the first day! I was so happy to see her again, we had clicked right away that first day and she was my heart sister. While we were chatting I told her how exited I was to be there and nervous all at the same time. She told me not to worry as she was sure things would be fine. Then she looked a little worried as she realized she probably shouldn’t have said that. They had us all in one room to hear the Pref ceremony at the end. It was nice, but it wasn’t especially moving and I left a little disappointed and worried again since I had Mars second and I had been so into Jupiter all week I wasn’t sure what would happen.

So back to campus to wait for another bus and go out in the rain again to Mars was next.