View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Because I was honest about my feelings toward "Jeans", I think it's best not to reveal them. I don't think that the actions/attitudes of this particular chapter should be reflected on the rest of the org because I have met "Jeans" from other shools and they are nothing like the "Jeans" from my campus. So I'll just leave it at that.

"Sweater" is the lovely ladies of Zeta Tau Alpha. This chapter is fabulous and like I said in my "Round 2" post, even though this wasn't the group for me, it's definitely a great place to call home for other women on my campus.

As far as "Hoodie" (who I also choose not to reveal) goes, as badly as I wanted them during recruitment, I'm so glad I didn't end up there. It turns out that they are nothing like they are during recruitment...and they have a low retention rate to show for it. During recruitment they are so classy and poised, and then the rest of the year, they are the exact opposite.

"Shirt"....I got quite a few PMs with guesses as to the identity of this group, and there were a lot of correct guesses. It is Delta Zeta. I am sure their colors have very beautiful and significant meaning to them but I have never liked pink and the only shades of green I like are the dark or earth-tone greens. I am now very close friends with a few of the DZ's and my "recruitment buddy" (she was in my Rho Chi group and we just kind of gravitated toward each other) is now the president of the chapter!!!

and last, but absolutely not least, "Fleece" is.............................

Theta Phi Alpha . I definitely found my home.

And now, a follow-up on people that were mentioned during the story.....

*"Zoey": We had a history class together the next semester and the first time I saw her after recruitment, I ran up to her and showed her my new letter bag and she was so happy for me but then she told me she disaffiliated shortly after recruitment. Still to this day I don't know what caused it, but since she was the only girl that I really connected with there, I was kind of relieved that I didn't choose her chapter and then have her quit.

*Even after my little slip-up with "Tanner", we have remained friends and laugh about it every once in a while.

*"Jenna": Ended up being my Pledge Sister Educator that quarter. I really admire her for her dedication to Theta Phi and I can't imagine having a better PSE. :-)

*"Krista": I got to know her during my pledge sister period and liked her so much that I put her as #1 for my choices for Big Sister... too bad she wasn't taking a little that quarter. She still teases me about how nervous I was about potentially not getting a bid.

That's it :-)
Thanks for reading my recruitment story, even if it is from a few years ago.

- ●upwardsparks● .....also known as TPA85.

ETA: While it's probably not hard to figure out who "Hoodie" and "Jeans" are thanks to the powers of Google, guess privately or PM me. I don't want the actual GLO's names posted on this thread in a negative light. Thanks!

Last edited by ●upwardsparks●; 12-17-2009 at 02:22 AM.