View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
All right OP, I'm going to state some things that may come across as harsh. It's not my nature to blow rainbows (as AZ-Alpha Xi and a host of others will attest). It's apparent you are still desiring sorority membership, which truthfully may not be in your life plan at your current campus.

Why? Well, you have had three opportunities at NPC sorority recruitment: two formal and one informal. You've been completely released twice in formal. That's a red flag. A very large red flag, actually. That fact, coupled with all your posts, leads me to surmise that there is something you are not telling us.

Your questions about how to make connections point to a fundamental issue. You're at least 18 or 19 years old and unless you have been living in a remote forest and were raised by a pack of wolves, you should have a good idea of how to network, make social friends, etc. by now. We gave you the best advice we had/have, and you didn't follow it (e.g. "recs aren't a thing at my school"). I pointed you to all the useful recruitment threads last year. There is so much information here on GC (and YouTube) that is helpful. Now you want a recipe on how to make friends with sorority women, ostensibly so you can get a bid. That's not how it works.

So, my Panhell sisters can chastise me for what I'm writing, and I'll take it. I own my words and my behavior. I am responding because I can't see you get hurt again, and I have some ideas as to what your "problem" may be, but as I repeatedly write on GC, I'm not good at speculating. I can't wish you good luck again until I get to the bottom of this.
Tough love, well said. Something definitely seems odd given the number of times the OP rushed and that she was cut by every house each time.