View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by neicy81
Furthermore for those that are saying they haven't been to Alabama, so what???What about the Halloween episode at Auburn that made a mockery of a prestigious black fraternity?Who hasn't heard what life is like in Alabama?
neicy, while I can see your point, think it is just my opinion to say that I don't know what's it's like in Alabama because every university has a unique greek system. The first university I went to was in South Texas where there are a lot of minorities, as well as "white" people in national sororities and fraternities, so there it didn't really matter what race you were during Rush because the area was filled with a huge diversity. Some schools in different places might not have such a diverse group of people.

As for the Halloween dressing comment, it is just my personal opinion that people represent their own organization.. no matter where you are. For example.. I read in a post about a sorority that does not wear their letters in bars/places like that because if they end up really tipsy and say, start stripping it's not going to be "Jane Doe stripped for us at the fraternity house" it would be "that XYZ was strippring for us.."