View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza54 View Post
Hello, I recently rushed and Saturday was my bid night. I didn't get into my first choice fraternity (I knew the rush chair and he said I would be a good fit for my first pick, but he thought I would be a better fit for another one, so I could get out of my shell) and now I'm thinking about dropping out of the pledge ship. Is it possible for another fraternity (my first choice) to give me a bid if I drop out of pledge ship of another one? I could also rush next fall, but then I wouldn't be able to live in the house.

Reasons for dropping: I really didn’t know what I was doing. I also built my first choice up a lot and to have it taken from me, where almost all my current friends and teammates are, is devastating to me. I don’t feel like I can give my current choice my full effort since I’m so invested in my first choice still. I only knew a handful of guys in my second choice and upon meeting the house, I was not as impressed as I want to be. They are all pretty much like me, but I want to change. I have hung out with the same type of people for my whole life I am getting tired of it, honestly. I want new.
qfp
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma