View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQWest View Post
I am going to have to agree with NutBrnHair. We have had girls transfer schools if they don't get into dream chapter on the first try. This does seem to be more of a small town thing than still a big deal in the big Peach or the big D, and it would have been totally ridiculous to the girls I knew in Cali. Maybe y'all just aren't south enough?
I also think that in the larger cities that just happen to be in the south, such as Atlanta, you have many, many transplants from other parts of the country, who bring their traditions and points of view with them. What you end up with is a hybrid of points of view and traditions.

I lived for 10 years in Atlanta; at no time during my time there did I work in a place where the majority of people were native to the area. Even at church and other non-work activities, the majority of people there are transplants. You can't compare experience of living in a large urban area that happens to be in the south with the rest of the south. (Well, you can, but you won't get far with it.) It just isn't the same.