View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berumotto View Post
Thank you all so much for the kind words and helpful advice!

Our chapter has been working hard to plan COB events in the upcoming weeks to recruit new members. We are very satisfied with the quality of the members who have stayed so far. Although we did have another girl drop today, I see it as a blessing in disguise. She made the call that was likely best for her, and now we have left the new members who are excited to be here!

Many girls missed the deadline for formal recruitment, so there was high interest in COB to begin with. I hope that our informal will go just as well!
My daughter's chapter made quota during formal recruitment, but had several drop on bid day or shortly after. They started COB right away and have picked up several really great new members already. My daughter actually enjoyed the process. She said it was so sweet to take a bid to a girl that had been dropped by all the groups before pref, but took a chance with COB. When they gave her the bid, she burst into tears of joy. Sometimes the craze of recruitment makes it hard for more shy girls to shine and find their home, but COB gives the groups a chance to find those hidden diamonds. Hopefully your chapter has that same experience!

Mom to a non greek son, an Alpha Xi Delta daughter and two more potential legacy daughters!