View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
Unfortunately this happens all too often. In my opinion, I would rather have women drop on bid day or right after than "try it out" for a bit. Mainly because (and this is a RA speaking) it is easier to snap bid or COB right after formal recruitment so that those women can join the NM class fairly seamlessly.

As for not making quota, if you matched quota during bid matching, then you made quota. Even if all of the women didn't stay. For example, if your quota said "50" and you matched 50 on the bid list, then you made quota. Even if you only had 40 stay at the bid day party.

It is situations like this that make year round recruiting so important. Recruitment isn't just a two week frenzy once a year. It is a daily, hourly thing. It is women in letters participating in other on campus activities. It is women inviting friends over to the house or to the philanthropy event or just befriending the shy girl in class that turns out to be a rock star member.
This cannot be stressed enough! As an Advisor, my chapter learned how to do this out of necessity, and eventually excelled in it. Once you ALL realize that recruitment is a 24/7/365 event, your chapter will become so strong that you will be in the catbird's seat on Bid Day.

Congratulations on the New Members you took, and remember to keep their spirits high! Don't give them a chance to regret the decision they made!