View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeGreek89 View Post
Yes, I did not receive bids. Yes, I did begin the original conversation of expansion. Now, I am involved in an interest group formally created by two other students also wanting to expand Greek Life opportunities at our college including a woman with similar experience as myself. Others just want an experience different from those existing already with the increased amount of women going through formal recruitment leading to more being rejected and upset over the result due to quota and the limited amount of organizations. Because I graduated in May, my college has told me for aid purposes I'd be considered Fifth Year Undergraduate however if we determine something different, I know there are sororities that do not allow graduate students' membership. I appreciate the information you had on the AI part of my question. Both our Greek Life adviser and Student Affairs are in favor of expansion so I'm just one of many who felt the need to open up our Greek Life for more women not happy with the existing situation. Interest is at around 20 members going into Fall semester. I take every bit of advice to consideration but I feel as though being presently non-Greek looking for constructive advice not negativity about my past rejection and motivations.
The increased number of women going through recruitment just raises quota, since quota is based on the number of PNMs. So, a large PNM pool does not create rejection.