Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phigirl04 View Post
Need some suggestions and advice. I've spent part of the night on the badge ordering system looking to replace my lost collegiate badge and I'm once again overwhelmed by all the options, especially now that as an alum I have the money to do a lot more than I did when I picked out my original badge.

I'm stuck because I also headed to a few sites to look at vintage badges, I know there are a lot of vintage badge owners here. Do you suggest replacing mine through our HQ or looking for a vintage badge? Are those sites safe to order from? I guess I'm not sure what the best way to go is and don't want to get taken advantage of. And if I get a badge through the ordering system online, as an alum do you suggest something basic or finally getting the blinged out badge I've always wanted.
I think it is mostly a matter of your budget and taste. Lots of people prefer to buy a vintage badge, especially since you can get them with genuine stones instead of the synthetic ones that are used currently. I personally love buying a piece of history and keeping a badge "in the family."

I have purchased several badges via Ebay & Etsy. Never had a problem. There is a lot of protection on those sites. Just read descriptions carefully ot be sure you know what you are getting. I have seen some stunning Phi Mu badges out there!! Have fun shopping!