View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
As an Alpha Gam, I'd be curious to hear what you found out about why our chapter closed. I have no idea what happened to our chapter there.
I had no idea they were ever here either until I started digging! They came on campus around 1989 as the Theta Theta chapter and apparently were one of the more tightly knit sisterhoods on campus but never really gained that much of a presence on campus and their numbers dropped off. They were told they had until May 2002 to get so many new girls to keep their charter and had been successfully recruiting and giving out bids but nationals came in February and told them they were being shut down. They tried to file for an appeal and got tons of support from other sororities on campus and national chapters of Alpha Gam but they were still shut down. They had a house on campus and everything, you can find pictures of it if you just google Mississippi State University Alpha Gamma Delta. Apparently its still on campus and still owned by Alpha Gamma Delta and is being used for office space. I drove around the row and buildings by it last night trying to find it and couldn't find a building that looked similar.