View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavycutchip View Post
It's always best to get letters of recommendations from alumnae members who actually know you, so I would try my best to ask, ask, and ASK some more for personal letters. Church, work, moms of kids you babysit for, teachers at your high school, chatting with women from your hometown who have gone through rush before. Just ask as many folks as possible.

If you live in a town with an Alumnae Panhellenic (http://www.npcwomen.org/alumnae-panh...directory.aspx) be sure and search for them online and see if they have a masterfile that you can submit your information. Many times these groups will also list women in their online materials who are willing to write recommendations.

Another idea is to look at the National Organization websites of the sororities at Georgia. Most of the NPC groups (22/26) publicly put information about local alumnae chapters on their site. Many of these have contact information on them, and it is not unheard of for local PNMs to ask ACs for information about a local women getting a recommendation.

If all else fails, you can attempt to contact the National Organizations for help in securing a recommendation (again, I would do this as a last resort). As an AC president, I was asked several times to help with recommendations for ladies in various locations around my state. I assume that other NPC women have had similar experiences.

Good luck with recruitment and securing those recommendations!
You must be new around here- you're not tired of the same questions being asked all the time!