View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope from your user name you have a doberman (DON'T TELL US!!!) - my dog has a "man crush" on a Dobie and also on a Rottie. Weird, huh? I have a Belgian Tervuren; he's a wild dog, highly obedience trained but oh dear me he's a handful for most people. I'm used to him, though.

OK, then: you are in a fantastic place (GreekChat) to get lots and lots of information. You're a high school senior and you are having lots of exciting things happen this year. Enjoy the ride. Your questions are, I think, pretty reflective of what young women are thinking, so no judgment or blow back from me.

Truth: I went through rush (when God was a baby) with preconceived ideas. It's hard not to, if we are being honest. After Open House round (first day) I wanted to be a member of every group I visited. I cried when I had to drop chapters (pre-RFM). And I was very surprised to end up where I did, because at the time I thought they were too good for me, and I'd never fit in. I was wrong.

I will see if I can find some good threads here and come back and edit with links for you. I'm excited for you, I hope you will find a home and have what we have.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity