Thread: Old T shirts
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 08:30 PM
I like that idea, QueenD!

There are two NPC sororities I can think of off the top of my head that only allow initiated sisters to wear the Greek letters: Alpha Epsilon Phi and Kappa Alpha Theta. If your daughters are in either of those sororities, and they have items with the Greek letters on them, then I suggest you send them to your daughters. If they don't want them, give them to another family member or a friend who is a sister, or, failing that, send them to a chapter. If absolute push comes to absolute shove, destroy them.

Otherwise, I would say that if your daughters don't want them and you don't know of a sister or a chapter that would take them, you could donate them rather than destroying them.

I cannot speak definitively for non-NPC groups, but I'm near certain that none of the NPHC sororities (or fraternities) allow anyone other than initiated members to wear their letters - so what I described for AEPhi and Theta would apply there too. I'll step aside and let an actual NPHC member correct me if I'm wrong.
AEΦ ... Multa Corda, Una Causa ... Celebrating Over 100 Years of Sisterhood
Have no place I can be since I found Serenity, but you can't take the sky from me...
Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go.