View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UMgirl
As far as the quitting thing...ok so what you do want people to do? You just plain and simple called it stupid and a waste of peoples time, but on the other hand you're saying people who are quitting are losers. Its like people are damned if they do it and damned if they don't. Also, you do have the right to say its stupid, even if it is hurtful to people, b/c alot of people did out a lot of effort into it and to them it might be like say AXO or whatever org is the dumbest thing on earth. I honestly hope you never run into anyone who says that comment to you. Sometimes you should do what the old saying says..."If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all."
And as I said if anyone wants to restart it and completely re-do it, I'd be all for it. I stil think it has potential, if others dont so be it. Like everyone has said, no one is frocing anyone to take part in it.
Hi UMgirl-

I never called you or gamma chi a loser. But you are contradicting yourself. In one sentence you are stating the positives and purposes of gamma chi and then in the next sentence you are saying it is too unorganized and you quit. That doesn't make sense. How are you dammed if you do and dammed if you don't? Dammed by who? Only you can decide what is good for you.

I think the problem is people went in full throttle and then decided they did enough and don't want to do more. If you don't want to be in charge of a committee, can't you just be a regular member?

Also, please do not put Alpha Chi Omega, or any other established sorority in the same context as gamma chi. AXO is a well established organization. Maybe in 117 years, gamma chi will be the same and then they can be compared.

Also, gamma chi was just started so why should it be redone? I'm just curious.

no animosity meant, UMgirl just a semi-heated conversation