GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Greek problems (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=220197)

kjones13 08-15-2016 12:13 AM

Greek problems

For years I have felt like I don't fit in with my sorority, and I can't gain any respect from the brothers in the fraternity that I am sweetheart for. Anything I make for the house pr decorate gets destroyed, and every other girls stuff is left untouched. It's like they don't want me specifically to be a part of anything. But the thing is, they voted me in. It was their choice. I was the best candidate for the position and the vote was almost unanimous. What should I do?

AZTheta 08-15-2016 09:54 AM

I am somewhat puzzled by your posts thus far. In another post you asked for suggestions for Christmas gifts for this fraternity you are a sweetheart for, and here you are saying how horribly you are treated by them. I myself don't buy presents for people who are mean to me.

You are also expressing negative feelings about your sorority and that you "don't fit in" with them.

That's two for two. I don't know you so I have no way of knowing your personality or any other factors that may be affecting the situation. What do YOU think you should do?

elicampbell 08-15-2016 11:35 AM

Please remove all of your personal information. As a WKU alumnus, I can say that you are a member of a very strong greek system. Recruitment starts Tuesday, get ready for your new sisters.

PhilTau 08-15-2016 12:28 PM

There is little information about you in your post. Answering on the fraternity part of your post. It is possible that you may be learning life's lesson that not everyone can or will be your friend. If it is just your stuff being destroyed, ever think that it may be just one guy doing it? Someone that may be mad at you? Surely you have one friend in this fraternity that you trust. Ask him what is going on or to find out what's going on. Then, when you get your answer, ask yourself if continuing to support this fraternity worth your time.

AnotherKD 08-15-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elicampbell (Post 2416098)
Please remove all of your personal information. As a WKU alumnus, I can say that you are a member of a very strong greek system. Recruitment starts Tuesday, get ready for your new sisters.

I second this. Strongly.

FSUZeta 08-15-2016 04:57 PM

How many years have you been a member? Why don't you feel part of the group?

DubaiSis 08-15-2016 08:45 PM

What exactly did you expect from being a sweetheart? I have never heard dignity or respect as part of that job description. If they're treating you badly, dump em.

As far as the sorority, I'm wondering if you spent so much time trying to be liked by the guys that you forgot your sisters. Be the friend you want to have.

And as a third issue, I'm sensing some depression going on. Check out your school's or your sorority's mental health services. It may be time to get some help.

ASTalumna06 08-16-2016 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjones13 (Post 2416076)
For years I have felt like I don't fit in with my sorority, and I can't gain any respect from the brothers in the fraternity that I am sweetheart for. Anything I make for the house pr decorate gets destroyed, and every other girls stuff is left untouched. It's like they don't want me specifically to be a part of anything. But the thing is, they voted me in. It was their choice. I was the best candidate for the position and the vote was almost unanimous. What should I do?

QFP

KDCat 08-16-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubaiSis (Post 2416174)
What exactly did you expect from being a sweetheart? I have never heard dignity or respect as part of that job description. If they're treating you badly, dump em.

As far as the sorority, I'm wondering if you spent so much time trying to be liked by the guys that you forgot your sisters. Be the friend you want to have.

And as a third issue, I'm sensing some depression going on. Check out your school's or your sorority's mental health services. It may be time to get some help.

That is my impression, too. OP, go talk to your school's counseling office about how you are feeling.

trizzleizzle13 08-22-2016 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTheta (Post 2416094)
I am somewhat puzzled by your posts thus far. In another post you asked for suggestions for Christmas gifts for this fraternity you are a sweetheart for, and here you are saying how horribly you are treated by them. I myself don't buy presents for people who are mean to me.

You are also expressing negative feelings about your sorority and that you "don't fit in" with them.

That's two for two. I don't know you so I have no way of knowing your personality or any other factors that may be affecting the situation. What do YOU think you should do?

I agree. This is definitely something you need to question yourself about.