GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   To pledge or not to pledge a sorority? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=117538)

thetaj 12-28-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tld221 (Post 2015059)
oh, we still talking about this? oh.

:D

chocoholic1113 12-28-2010 07:59 PM

My opinion, and only my opinion, no need to listen to it, is that hazing is wrong and maybe you should find another organization to join that can offer some of the same things but will treat you as a human being. If the group wanted you to be a sister they would not treat you that way. Just my opinion!

PeppyGPhiB 12-29-2010 01:04 PM

I'll just say that if anyone tried to hit me in the face as part of a "pledge" requirement, I'd be out of there. That's something I would expect in a gang, not a sorority.

Alumiyum 12-29-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB (Post 2015424)
I'll just say that if anyone tried to hit me in the face as part of a "pledge" requirement, I'd be out of there. That's something I would expect in a gang, not a sorority.

No kidding. Unless she were significantly larger than I, it wouldn't happen. And I'd be out of there, no regrets.

preciousjeni 12-29-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB (Post 2015424)

I'm afraid I might hit back. Then, I'd be outta there.

DubaiSis 12-30-2010 11:19 AM

I think this whole discussion is just confusing. Let me ask what would appear to be a comparable question. "Should I marry a spousal abuser? I really want to get married."

PiPhiAngel09 12-30-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubaiSis (Post 2015611)
I think this whole discussion is just confusing. Let me ask what would appear to be a comparable question. "Should I marry a spousal abuser? I really want to get married."

Could not have said it better myself.

DZ_Tail_SP12 05-26-2014 03:28 AM

What chapter are you an interest for? I can personally say that you can't and shouldn't write off an entire organization based on your experience with that chapter. I am a sister of LTA and my chapter never hazed me or treated me different when I was an interest. They welcomed me with open arms. And when I came out to them as transgender, they never saw me differently. The support me and my transition from female to male I am about to embark on. They love me unconditionally. And I love them. I may not no the sisters of the chapter you are referring to but I do know that everyone is different. And every sister had their own reason for pledging for LTA. I'm sorry about whatever you experience. But don't write of the whole entire organization because of a few bad eggs. I personally will end with this: I am ETA made and I love my chapter with my heart and soul. Every chapter is different. I wouldn't want to pledge for any other chapter but my one. I love all of my sisters even those I haven't met. Everyone has there flaws, I know I do.

MysticCat 05-26-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ_Tail_SP12 (Post 2275612)
What chapter are you an interest for?

Just fyi, you're responding to a question asked in December 2010 by someone who hasn't posted since, so I wouldn't expect an answer.

thetalady 05-26-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ_Tail_SP12 (Post 2275612)
What chapter are you an interest for? I can personally say that you can't and shouldn't write off an entire organization based on your experience with that chapter. I am a sister of LTA and my chapter never hazed me or treated me different when I was an interest. They welcomed me with open arms. And when I came out to them as transgender, they never saw me differently. The support me and my transition from female to male I am about to embark on. They love me unconditionally. And I love them. I may not no the sisters of the chapter you are referring to but I do know that everyone is different. And every sister had their own reason for pledging for LTA. I'm sorry about whatever you experience. But don't write of the whole entire organization because of a few bad eggs. I personally will end with this: I am ETA made and I love my chapter with my heart and soul. Every chapter is different. I wouldn't want to pledge for any other chapter but my one. I love all of my sisters even those I haven't met. Everyone has there flaws, I know I do.

qfp