GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The RUSH HUSH (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=2353)

TinkerbellMTSU 08-01-2001 03:13 PM

The RUSH HUSH

Can someone please clear this up for me? I'm still confused about "silence":

~~~Who are the rushees *not* supposed to talk to, and when are they *not* allowed to talk?

~~~Does this mean that they can't talk about *anything*, or just not about *rush*?

~~~Also, is there a time when *one sorority* *can't* talk to *another* or something?

------------------
***Tinkerbell***

~~~Don't worry, be happy!~~~

PenguinTrax 08-01-2001 03:20 PM

Potential New Members are not to have contact with sorority members outside of recruitment events during the week of Recruitment. This means that you should not be discussing recruitment-related topics, etc., but it is understood that PNMs and chapter members may interact as part of their work or school experience.

Summer contact rules vary from school to school.

There is nothing that says initiated members of different sororities cannot talk. At least, I've never heard of that happening.

Barbara
Rush Forum Moderator

DeltaBetaBaby 08-01-2001 03:59 PM

Tink,
Specific rules that apply to you will be explained to you by your Rho Chi when you begin rush. Summer contact rules vary from school to school, but they are the responsibility of the active sorority members, not the potential new members. So don't worry!

AOPIHottie 08-06-2001 09:16 PM

The way I understand it

PNM cannot discuss rush with each other-i.e I cant tell Jane I want to be in ZYX

PNM cannot discuss any sorority related topics with an active of ANY house-i.e
I(PNM) cant talk to Sarah(ZYX) about the party last night.

Rho Chi's cant talk to anyone in there house

This all lasts from the first day of rush until your bid party. It seems hard, but it really is good, it keeps any influences from pressuring you into choosing a house.
Hope that helped!!
AOPIHottie

Sunny 08-08-2001 11:02 PM

Someone told me that rushees and/or rushers are not allowed in fraternity houses during rush? Is this true at your school? Are you allowed to talk to fraternity members during rush, or are you supposed to only talk about certain subjects, like with sorority girls? I'm home for the summer now, but when I move back up to school, I live with quite a few sorority and fraternity kids, so I was just wondering.

AOPIHottie 08-09-2001 10:46 PM

Well, for most that is true, the reason being, a fraternity guy can influence you just as much as a sorority lady. For instance, I worked with a bunch of Theta Chi's when I went through rush, and quite a few of them were dating XYZ's, so they were constatly talking about how great they were,(in loud whispers of course) so that right there could have been an influence on me. And you have enough issues to deal with without listening to those fraternity guys!!!LOL, so yes, I think most have the no FRATERNITY GUYS rule too. I think. You will find out all the rules from your Rho Chi's. Dont worry, you will be prepared!!