GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

AUDeltaGam 11-14-2005 09:28 PM

This didn't happen to me, but to one of my sisters. I came down to help with rush this past August and I heard this story. During Philanthropy Day, we had betta fishes in little glass fish bowls on the tables. So one girl told one of my sisters that either she (or a friend- I can't remember which) had a pet betta named Mastrabetta :rolleyes:

For some reason, I just think that's something you don't say during recruitment!

Xylochick216 11-15-2005 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
So one girl told one of my sisters that either she (or a friend- I can't remember which) had a pet betta named Mastrabetta :rolleyes:

HAHAHA, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time :p

PM_Mama00 11-15-2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
This didn't happen to me, but to one of my sisters. I came down to help with rush this past August and I heard this story. During Philanthropy Day, we had betta fishes in little glass fish bowls on the tables. So one girl told one of my sisters that either she (or a friend- I can't remember which) had a pet betta named Mastrabetta :rolleyes:

For some reason, I just think that's something you don't say during recruitment!

Up here in the north we'd probably find that hilarious. I know my sisters and I would. That's funny. At least you know she's being real.

Kinda like when I went back to recruitment this year, anda bunch of the girls were talking to a PNM and they all burst out laughing. I found out that one of the girls had told a story about her name and how it spells Analram backwards. We thrive on funny people.... so she became a sister and is pretty damn cool.

AUDeltaGam 11-15-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PM_Mama00
Up here in the north we'd probably find that hilarious. I know my sisters and I would. That's funny. At least you know she's being real.

Kinda like when I went back to recruitment this year, anda bunch of the girls were talking to a PNM and they all burst out laughing. I found out that one of the girls had told a story about her name and how it spells Analram backwards. We thrive on funny people.... so she became a sister and is pretty damn cool.

We love funny people down here too ;) My Senior year, we had a girl come through from New York. I talked to her and asked her how she got to Auburn from New York (she was the first New Yorker I had talked to down here) and she looked at me and said "I walked!".

She later became my sister :)

KDlady04 11-16-2005 06:27 PM

Oh yeah I feel that there are things you can do during rush in the north that you couldn't do in the South. But we certainly still have things that are completely unacceptable. I think it'd be really interesting to see how rush works down south because up here it's so different! Not that that's a bad thing ;)

dgdramadawg 11-22-2005 08:43 AM

My first time as a rusher, we had a girl who broke a glass (on purpose) during prefs and tried to make the girl who was preffing her cry by making fun of what she was saying, the ceremony, etc. Apparently the girl had only wanted to be in one house, so rather than just suiciding she decided to sabotage any chances she had at the other two houses she went to that day. Needless to say, she was not given a bid by any house.

My senior year, we had a girl go through who had the single thickest Southern accent I had ever heard. Anytime she met anyone, she would daintily offer her hand like she expected us to kiss it or bow, not shake it. When I rushed her, she went on and on about all of the traffic violations on her record, how much she hated doing hard work, and how much she hates Yankees. I told her I grew up in Massachusetts, expecting her to move on, and her response was "Oh mah gawd, you're a Yankay? Can someone else rush me?" I'm sure you'll be surprised to learn that she joined a house that traditionally pledges girls from south of the Mason-Dixon line. :rolleyes:

KDlady04 11-27-2005 01:45 PM

Oh come on someone has to have something good!

carnation 11-27-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dgdramadawg
My first time as a rusher, we had a girl who broke a glass (on purpose) during prefs and tried to make the girl who was preffing her cry by making fun of what she was saying, the ceremony, etc. Apparently the girl had only wanted to be in one house, so rather than just suiciding she decided to sabotage any chances she had at the other two houses she went to that day. Needless to say, she was not given a bid by any house.

My senior year, we had a girl go through who had the single thickest Southern accent I had ever heard. Anytime she met anyone, she would daintily offer her hand like she expected us to kiss it or bow, not shake it. When I rushed her, she went on and on about all of the traffic violations on her record, how much she hated doing hard work, and how much she hates Yankees. I told her I grew up in Massachusetts, expecting her to move on, and her response was "Oh mah gawd, you're a Yankay? Can someone else rush me?" I'm sure you'll be surprised to learn that she joined a house that traditionally pledges girls from south of the Mason-Dixon line. :rolleyes:

:eek: They wanted you to cut them?

dgdramadawg 11-27-2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carnation
:eek: They wanted you to cut them?
I know! UGA rush is so competitive, I can't understand sabotaging oneself like these girls did! I mean, I only wanted one house after the first couple of rounds, but I was nice to all of the others... after all, some girls from other houses can be future friends, if not sisters!

misskaykaygee 12-07-2005 03:52 AM

this actually happend to me...

i was in the kappa room, with my punch talking to one of the girls who was rushing me. we were talking about how we managed to keep our white prom dresses clean despite our clumsiness...

and the next thing i knew the bright red rasberry punch was all over my pants. it was the funniest thing ever.

i was invited back, and i dubbed the jucie-girl all through rush. and yes i did get a bid from kappa. hahahaha our favorite joke is about how i was "marked" from day one. it's a tradition to be passed down...:p

CarolinaDG 12-07-2005 09:27 AM

I had a girl walk away from me in the middle of a conversation. What was worse, I was double rushing that day, and the other girl was my rush crush. After that, she didn't come back to us, and I just know it was because of the other stupid girl.

KDlady04 12-07-2005 07:16 PM

I just remembered this...last spring I was talking to a girl that went to my high school and was going to be going to my school that fall. She said she absolutely LOVED KD and really wanted to be one. She's always been sweet to me so I was flattered but hoped she wouldn't be overly zealous. Then over the summer I saw her at the gym wearing a DZ shirt.:rolleyes: Goodness. And no, she didn't get into KD this fall, or DZ, or anyone else.

BetteDavisEyes 12-07-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dgdramadawg
"Oh mah gawd, you're a Yankay? Can someone else rush me?"

I actually read that whilst "attempting" to give my California girl accent a southern one. Needless to say, my attempt was poor but hilarious. ;)

rebecca22kd 12-09-2005 03:25 PM

i have a question, what is a GLO an ESL and all these other code words ya'll use half the time i read this i think im readin' another language!!1

rebecca22kd 12-09-2005 03:29 PM

well we are no longer allowed to say see you tomorrow or later or give them any kind of indication that they MAY be invited back the next day because that is a rush infraction AND we have to invite them back whethere they are on our cut list or not! so we have to be extremely careful what we say we also are not allowed to talk about boys booze bars or anything "bad"