GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Weird rush stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=11313)

HappyKappaMom 02-16-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BemoreLXA (Post 2030987)
haha no way man, some movies are classics!

Sadly, I'm too old to get it. Had to google it. LOL

KKGCaroline 02-16-2011 09:31 PM

D&C is a great movie!

NETrySIG89 02-27-2011 04:52 AM

AMAZING movie

33girl 02-27-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NETrySIG89 (Post 2034069)
AMAZING movie

was this really necessary?

TinyDancer98 03-03-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDee (Post 2030726)
If a PNM has an allergy so severe that being in the room with it (thinking peanut allergy) would send her into an allergic reaction, then the appropriate thing for her to do is to alert her Recruitment Counselor at the orientation meeting so that all chapters can be notified well in advance and plan accordingly.

Exactly. Our recruitment applications have a place for PNMs to list allergies, physical accommodations, and other needs so the chapters can provide for them as necessary and no awkward conversations need to happen. Strangely enough, we had a few girls come through this year that consumed food or drink that they were supposedly allergic to... they were always offered a non-allergic option but maybe some of them were just picky!

33girl 03-03-2011 02:15 PM

I've heard people say when they go away to camp, etc that they choose the vegetarian option, just because it's fresher and not prepared in such humungous quantities. Perhaps it was something along those lines.

I know after eating chicken 3x in a row at convention one year I was wishing I had worn a "Meat Is Murder" t shirt or something.

Katy Q 04-07-2011 01:46 PM

I've seriously been reading every post in this thread for the past several days. As a new member, it's funny to hear about the crazy things I might have to look forward to in the years to come!

Anyway, bumping because this thread got me thinking about awkward stories from going through recruitment a few months ago as a PNM:

The day before Pref (skit day) I was at XYZ house and was having a great time. It was my favorite house and I really wanted to make a good impression. The house was really well-decorated with their theme, so I commented on the really cool fabric wall hangings right near where my rusher and I were standing. She thanked me and talked about how hard they had been to hang/how late they had all stayed up decorating and how it had kind of been a bonding experience. Nice, right? Until about a second later when another girl comes up to bump, and my rusher says, "Oh hi _____, this is Katy. We were just talking about hanging things on walls" and then walks away.

It was definitely an awkward transition, and the new rusher looked at me like I was totally weird. Instead of saying "Huh, what a weird topic" and moving on, though, she tried to continue the conversation about hanging things on walls. Direct quote, and I kid you not: "So, uh...you really like hanging things on walls? What's the best way to do that?" It was so weird. I even tried to change the subject, but it didn't work.

I was cut from XYZ after that round but ended up very happy somewhere else. Still, though, I look back and shake my head since that weirdness could very well have been why they cut me. I mean, who wants to be a sister to "Hanging Things On Walls" Girl? Haha. :)

FSUZeta 04-07-2011 01:52 PM

i lol'ed at your story sister. Welcome to zta!

Splash 04-07-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2034141)
was this really necessary?

was this?

AlphaFrog 04-07-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2044506)
was this?

How's bridge life? Redecorated lately?

Splash 04-07-2011 02:21 PM

Haven't had time. Too busy getting fed

thetaj 04-07-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Q (Post 2044493)
I've seriously been reading every post in this thread for the past several days. As a new member, it's funny to hear about the crazy things I might have to look forward to in the years to come!

Anyway, bumping because this thread got me thinking about awkward stories from going through recruitment a few months ago as a PNM:

The day before Pref (skit day) I was at XYZ house and was having a great time. It was my favorite house and I really wanted to make a good impression. The house was really well-decorated with their theme, so I commented on the really cool fabric wall hangings right near where my rusher and I were standing. She thanked me and talked about how hard they had been to hang/how late they had all stayed up decorating and how it had kind of been a bonding experience. Nice, right? Until about a second later when another girl comes up to bump, and my rusher says, "Oh hi _____, this is Katy. We were just talking about hanging things on walls" and then walks away.

It was definitely an awkward transition, and the new rusher looked at me like I was totally weird. Instead of saying "Huh, what a weird topic" and moving on, though, she tried to continue the conversation about hanging things on walls. Direct quote, and I kid you not: "So, uh...you really like hanging things on walls? What's the best way to do that?" It was so weird. I even tried to change the subject, but it didn't work.

I was cut from XYZ after that round but ended up very happy somewhere else. Still, though, I look back and shake my head since that weirdness could very well have been why they cut me. I mean, who wants to be a sister to "Hanging Things On Walls" Girl? Haha. :)

LOL. I may have to tell your story at some of my chapter's recruitment workshops if you don't mind :)

Psi U MC Vito 04-07-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2044509)
Haven't had time. Too busy getting fed

The Troll finally admits it!

aephi alum 04-07-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy Q (Post 2044493)
The house was really well-decorated with their theme, so I commented on the really cool fabric wall hangings right near where my rusher and I were standing. She thanked me and talked about how hard they had been to hang/how late they had all stayed up decorating and how it had kind of been a bonding experience. Nice, right? Until about a second later when another girl comes up to bump, and my rusher says, "Oh hi _____, this is Katy. We were just talking about hanging things on walls" and then walks away.

It was definitely an awkward transition, and the new rusher looked at me like I was totally weird.

That has to be one of the most awkward bumps I've ever heard of. The first sister was probably just nervous - it may have been her first time on the other side. She should have done the introduction the other way around - "Oh hi ____ - Katy, this is my sister ____. We were just talking about how hard we worked on the decorations last night..." - and then eased herself out of the conversation.

Definitely share this story with your new sisters - it may save your chapter from some awkward bumps. And congrats!

33girl 04-07-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splash (Post 2044506)
was this?

Why are you defending a banned troll?