GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   NFL Cheerleaders (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=80059)

aabby757 08-17-2006 04:24 PM

NFL Cheerleaders

Anyone on GC a NFL cheerleader? Or used to be?

I have discovered several shows on the NFL channel regarding the tryout period of several squads and now really interested.

In what it is like to tryout?

The inside scoop once you make it?

Etc.

Would love some insight from someone who is there/been there.

Thanks!

CutiePie2000 08-18-2006 01:04 AM

aabby757,
I sent you a PM with information about an Oakland Raiderette.

:)

KSUViolet06 08-18-2006 01:13 AM

I watched a few of those shows. My mom's best friend is a former Charger Cheerleader and as such, she's been a part of the judging process a few times. Per her advice:

*If you're trying out for the 2007-2008 season, you need to be working on your dance technique right now so it can be perfect by next April/May. Depending on the team, there can be 600+ women trying, many who have danced since they could walk, you need to be able to stand out from them.

*Go to the games and check out the types of routines the team does and try to make your technique similar

*WORK OUT. Those uniforms show alot. NFL teams aren't looking for RAIL thin girls, just girls with nice toned, athletic bodies that look good in uniform.

*Dance is important, but so is your look. When you audition, you should like you'r ready to go to a game (hair done, cute makeup, etc).

*Go to any pre-tryout clincs the team may offer.

*Be prepared for long practices, games, appearances, calendar shoots, etc.

*Have relaible transportation. If you make the team, there is a ton of driving to practices, camp, games, appearances.

*NFL cheerleading idoesn't pay well at all, so it shouldn't be your ONLY ambition. You should either be in school or have a career.

AlphaFrog 08-18-2006 07:24 AM

Remember, if you make the squad, you are no longer allowed to have sex with other cheerleaders, so get that out of your system now.

Oh wait, my bad, that's only a problem here in Charlotte...carry on...

RU OX Alum 08-18-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaFrog
Remember, if you make the squad, you are no longer allowed to have sex with other cheerleaders, so get that out of your system now.

Oh wait, my bad, that's only a problem here in Charlotte...carry on...

Why is that considered a problem?

AlphaFrog 08-18-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RU OX Alum
Why is that considered a problem?

Remember this little gem?

Quote:

Panthers fire cheerleaders accused of sex
Thomas, Keathley were arrested, charged after incident in restroom

Updated: 9:05 a.m. ET Nov. 8, 2005

TAMPA, Fla. - North Carolina’s pro football team got rid of two cheerleaders who were arrested at a bar where witnesses told police the women were having sex with each other in a restroom stall.

Renee Thomas, 20, of Pittsboro, N.C., and Angela Keathley, 26, of Belmont, N.C., were fired Monday for violating a signed code that bans conduct embarrassing to the team or organization, Carolina Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said.

The women were not in town to perform at Sunday’s game between the Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Thomas was charged with battery for allegedly striking a bar patron when she was leaving the restroom. She was released from the Hillsborough County Jail on $500 bail before police learned she had given them a driver’s license belonging to another Panthers cheerleader not in Tampa.

Detectives were trying to determine how Thomas got the driver’s license of a third cheerleader.

Keathley was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, and was released on $750 bail. The women could not be reached for comment Monday.