GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment Stories (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   recruitment @ IU 'O7'O8!! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=91186)

abelle06 10-27-2007 10:46 PM

recruitment @ IU 'O7'O8!!

as promised! here is my recruitment story. i'm a sophomore at Indiana University and I didn't go through recruitment last year. The first day of 19 party just ended and I had so much fun!! I have to rank tomorrow so I figured writing this up would be a great way for me to start to narrow it down : )

my 19 houses are (lame, but easy!) : blackberry, lemon, watermelon, peach, raspberry, lime, grapefruit, cherry, coconut, kiwi, strawberry, orange, blueberry, banana, grape, apple, plum, pear and mango.

today i went to blackberry - kiwi (10 houses)

SOOO...

Blackberry: first house!! really exciting, liked it and had good conversations but don't really know if I can see myself here, someplace I might I want to see more of.

Lemon: very pretty house, but not for me. okay conversation, 2/3 felt slightly forced and one girl touched her EYEBALL!! during our entire conversation which grossed me out. don't want to see more.

Watermelon: LOVE THIS HOUSE!! know a few girls, very nice and down to earth, very diverse, my conversations were really great here and I can totally see myself in this house, can't wait to hopefully go back!

Peach: really really great, had really good conversations, girls were very friendly, house was very nice, would love to see more.

Raspberry: this house was nice, but the girl rushing me talked about some things that made me sort of uncomfortable, very unique and nice attitude but don't think this house is right for me.

Lime: really liked this house, beautiful and wonderful girls! great about academics and really laid back feel, could definitely relate to the girls I talked to, really great energy, would love to see more!!

Grape: most uncomfortable house so far. conversation was very difficult, girls did very little to get to know me, asked sort of obscure questions, seemed distracted and overall just a more awkward experience, I don't think this house would be a good fit.

Cherry: definitely felt the "oh your a sophomore, NO" vibe here, but only from one girl, another was so excited she was practically spitting in my face talking so fast, good conversation with the last girl I talked to, but overall feel this house isn't for me.

Coconut: beautiful house and very nice girls, really positive about sophomore status and really interested in what I had to say, love the philanthropy, definitely would like to see more.

Kiwi: had great conversation here about really random things!! but walked away feeling great and wanting to talk longer even though it was the last house of my night. would love to come back.

so that was my first day!! i had so much fun! I do the remaining houses tomorrow and then rank them for the next party, 12, which isn't until January!! gahh!! but everyone said the time flies. speaking of time, it's time for bed and then up for more in the morning, have a great night everyone!!!

I"Urushee 10-27-2007 11:08 PM

hey! i just went through today too! i started at kd...all of the houses i visited were completelllly different, but i loved something about almost everyone of them!! im so nervous about narrowing it down, and i dont want to cut off the one chapter that is right for me...ughhh im so nervous!

nittanyalum 10-27-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abelle06 (Post 1542464)
...one girl touched her EYEBALL!! during our entire conversation which grossed me out. don't want to see more.

LOL! On purpose, or was it by accident? If it was purposeful, as in, she was doing it as part of her "conversation" with you, you should seriously tell your Rho Chi (or whatever you call them) so they can give the feedback to the chapter, that poor girl needs more rush training! ;)

Overall, sounds like a great day for you! I love reading about these rushes at big schools, it reminds me of my days back at Penn State, 23 sororities to visit, SO many chapters, names & faces to remember. But such fun! Enjoy! Be sure to update tomorrow night!!

DeltaBetaBaby 10-28-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittanyalum (Post 1542481)
LOL! On purpose, or was it by accident? If it was purposeful, as in, she was doing it as part of her "conversation" with you, you should seriously tell your Rho Chi (or whatever you call them) so they can give the feedback to the chapter, that poor girl needs more rush training! ;)

Overall, sounds like a great day for you! I love reading about these rushes at big schools, it reminds me of my days back at Penn State, 23 sororities to visit, SO many chapters, names & faces to remember. But such fun! Enjoy! Be sure to update tomorrow night!!

I would guess that she was readjusting her contacts...I know that I sometimes do this unconsciously, and my friends have pointed this out.

Sister Havana 10-28-2007 09:41 PM

Yay, another IU rush thread!

abelle06 10-28-2007 09:50 PM

19 party is over!! today was incredible and it was really hard to narrow things down in the end, but first here is what i thought of the chapters i visited today:

Strawberry: amazing conversation here, really great energy, liked the house and it's location, over all +++++ here!

Orange: this house was nice, but I really don't know if I can see myself here, some forced conversation and didn't feel as comfortable as in other chapters.

Blueberry: in love. AMAZING HOUSE! really wonderful girls, great conversation (one had my same birthday which was a great conversation starter), overall really loved this house, but hear it's really hard to be asked back so I hope they liked me as much as I liked them!!

Banana: liked it here as well. one great conversation with a girl who really sold it because I could tell how much she really loved it, the next girl seemed disinterested : ( and a good friend from my high school surprised me which was really exciting, overall feel good and I want to see more.

Grape: another amazing conversation, legacy to this house, which made me feel like I was obligated to like it, but really truly did, girls were very genuine here and I talked to a sophomore, junior and senior which I really liked, overall I really really liked this house : )

Apple: amazing energy and really fun, pretty girls, was double rushed here and that made it hard because the girl I was rushed with seemed like she was uncomfortable, hopefully the girls I talked to remembered me, one was from near my hometown, liked this house and thought it was really nice.

Plum: this house was nice, the girls were easy to talk to and the rooms were very nice, last conversation was sort of difficult but overall enjoyed it and would like to see it again.

Pear: really tried to look at this house objectively, the tour was way to long and it felt like the girl was reading off a teleprompter, didn't ask any questions about me or the other girl (double rushed here) and felt sort of forced into conversation, the 2nd girl we talked to was nice, but because the 1st talked for so long about so much, it was hard to find a jumping off point. i know this house isn't for me : (

Mango: so much fun here! great conversations, knew one of the girls rushing me through a mutual friend, very positive and the house is great, know a girl from a class who went through as a sophomore and she's great, felt good about this house.

phew. so that's that. I really had fun this weekend and seeing all the houses made it hard to narrow things down. in the end I had to list my top 12 in no particular order and rank my bottom 7. it was tough but my lists looked like this:

top 12 (alphabetical is easiest for me): Apple, Banana, Blueberry, Coconut, Grape, Kiwi, Lime, Mango, Peach, Plum, Strawberry, Watermelon

my bottom 7 (in order of liked most to liked least): Blackberry, Orange, Lemon, Raspberry, Cherry, Grapefruit and Pear

it was tough, but I did it. I can't wait to find out what happens next. I will keep you posted, 1st invited is Jan. 4, 2008 (sooo far away!!)

have a great night!! : )

oh and about the eyeball!! I think she was just doing it without realizing it, but it made things really awkward!

nittanyalum 10-28-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abelle06 (Post 1542689)
oh and about the eyeball!! I think she was just doing it without realizing it, but it made things really awkward!

LOL! You are too funny! Sounds like an amazing day and it's so great to hear you like so many houses! You're right, January is TOO far away. Well, another reason to look forward to 2008 -- can't wait to hear more!!

thetaprincess 11-01-2007 10:31 PM

Good Luck with your Recruitment.

Wish it was not so far away. That seems too long.

TriDPrincess 11-03-2007 06:26 PM

GO COCONUT!!! I absolutely love anything with coconut in it.

honeychile 11-03-2007 10:28 PM

Hope you have a tutti-frutti Recruitment!

Betzi 01-03-2008 07:52 PM

IU 12 parties start tomorrow!

Good Luck! Have lots of fun!

Benzgirl 01-03-2008 08:01 PM

Yea Big 10. I can't wait!

nittanyalum 01-03-2008 08:06 PM

*gasp* That's right!!! It's January!!! Yippee! The story continues soon!!

BetteDavisEyes 01-04-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittanyalum (Post 1573536)
The story continues soon!!

Well, it continues if the OP is still around and willing to share her story with us. :)

LucyKKG 01-04-2008 12:36 AM

She'd better be around! How sad would it be if she wasn't around.