GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Locals (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Sharing your name (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=19908)

AOX81 06-28-2002 11:42 AM

Sharing your name

Do any of you belong to a LOCAL organization that shares its name with another group that is not affiliated with you?

I belong to Alpha Theta Chi and it seems to be a pretty popular Greek Organization name for being a local.

Sororities
University of Michigan - Flint, Michigan
Vincennes University - Vincennes, Indiana
Bethany College - Lindsborg, Kansas
Hamilton College - Clinton, New York

Fraternities
Hope College - Holland, Michigan
Trinity University - San Antonio, TX
Frostburg State University - Frostburg, MD

Honorary
Alabama

OnePlus69Is70 06-29-2002 10:33 PM

Yeppers. We're Omega Delta, which is also the name of a Latino fraternity with three chapters in Illinois. It was founded 4 years before us. We're sometimes confused with each other.

KRXAlum 06-30-2002 02:56 PM

Yes... there is a Kappa Gamma Chi in Texas... Austtin College. I've wanted to get in touch with members there, but have been unsuccessful :(

chideltjen 07-24-2002 11:52 PM

There are about 4 Chi Deltas that I know about. There is the CSU Sacramento one (mine) with the beta chapter in Sonoma. There is also one in ArK, but they don't call themselves a sorority... they are a social club. I have contacted them and they responded. There is also one in Nebraska... I think. I am sure there are others out there too.

excuse_3 07-26-2002 04:02 PM

have...

has anybody heard of any other glos with my glo's name?

Beta Phi Alpha

SKRae 07-26-2002 04:06 PM

Nope, sure haven't, but I will keep my eyes open!

shsusle 07-26-2002 04:54 PM

for some reason i'm thinking that i found sigma lambda epsilon somewhere in alaska, but not positive

Pi Kapp 142 07-26-2002 05:47 PM

I actually found another Pi Kappa Phi once on the internet. They were some kind of social club at a country club. I thought at first it was an Alumni Association, but as I read further on they even said they are [I]not[/i} in any way connected to Pi Kappa Phi the GLO.

OnePlus69Is70 07-27-2002 02:47 PM

Hey, chideltjen, the name of the corporation that owns our house is Chi Delta! Weird.

chideltjen 07-27-2002 03:37 PM

Interesting Oneplus... i would like to know more about it. Do you have any information about it?

Damaris 08-20-2002 01:34 PM

We were informed about a Kappa Alpha Tau at Pace University in NYC. Since hearing about them, we've called the student activities office to try to get in touch with them but were told that they no longer existed at Pace. To our knowledge, this was their only chapter.

If anyone hears anything, please let me know!:confused:

Thanks so much!

SATX*APhi 08-20-2002 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KRXAlum
Yes... there is a Kappa Gamma Chi in Texas... Austtin College. I've wanted to get in touch with members there, but have been unsuccessful :(
One of my best friends from high school goes to Austin College. She is in a sorority there and could possible get you in touch with the KGX members. PM me if interested.

KRXAlum 09-01-2002 08:18 PM

Thanks SATX!!!
I just sent you a PM :):):):)

jonespichi 06-27-2003 12:10 AM

yeah, i'm in pi delta chi in oneonta,NY and while surfing online i saw there was a "women's society" or something like that named pi delta chi at bob jones university. it seems kinda weird that there is another pi chi somewhere out there that we don't know about. if anybody else on here is at a pi delta chi and any other school let me know! thanks

cristinasmile 07-14-2003 01:07 PM

My friend and I are staring a local sorority (not yet gone through our student government) called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi. I don't believe there's another Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi out there.