GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alumnae Initiation (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Frat groups who initiate alumni (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=243362)

Cookiez17 09-05-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *winter* (Post 2491536)

What an amazing story! I'm so happy for her!

Back on topic, the only initiations I've heard for graduate/alumni are for house moms on occasion.

ChioLu 09-06-2022 05:45 PM

Chi Omega will occasionally do AI, but it’s a rare circumstance.
For instance, if a local sorority become a Chi Omega chapter, HQ will offer the Alumnae of that local to be initiated.
Or if Chi Omega is colonizing in a city with few Alumnae, we will offer AI to a select few women in that city (like civic leaders).
Rarest occasion, if a member’s mother (unaffiliated in college) does a ton of volunteering for her daughter’s chapter and Chi Omega nationally. (But, I’ve known 1 member whose mom did so much volunteering, yet never got asked. My own mom has done lots of volunteering, making/sewing stuff for my XO chapter and UCLA’s. She’d probably have to find the missing loving cups, stolen many years ago from our HQ, to ever be asked! Mom has photos, as she is an avid estate sale shopper! She went to Baylor University before there were sororities and wasn’t in a local that became a NPC group.)

SWTXBelle 09-07-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChioLu (Post 2491559)
Chi Omega will occasionally do AI, but it’s a rare circumstance.
For instance, if a local sorority become a Chi Omega chapter, HQ will offer the Alumnae of that local to be initiated.
Or if Chi Omega is colonizing in a city with few Alumnae, we will offer AI to a select few women in that city (like civic leaders).
Rarest occasion, if a member’s mother (unaffiliated in college) does a ton of volunteering for her daughter’s chapter and Chi Omega nationally. (But, I’ve known 1 member whose mom did so much volunteering, yet never got asked. My own mom has done lots of volunteering, making/sewing stuff for my XO chapter and UCLA’s. She’d probably have to find the missing loving cups, stolen many years ago from our HQ, to ever be asked! Mom has photos, as she is an avid estate sale shopper! She went to Baylor University before there were sororities and wasn’t in a local that became a NPC group.)

My mother was a member of the local which became Chi Omega; when she inquired about being initiated, she was told she'd have to go through a form of rush with the chapter! Chi Omega's loss was Gamma Phi's gain; she was initiated in to my chapter (conveniently , I attended the same college) and was an alumna advisor and alumnae chapter officer for years.

PKT4LIFE 09-08-2022 09:05 PM

My organization performs AI, but it's not a common occurrence. Our AI are men who have served a chapter or the national organization to their capacity (chapter faculty advisor, house chef, facilitator for conferences). Once the application is completed, our National Council votes and makes a decision. Now there's always exceptions, especially for known athletes or men in the entertainment business who became Phi Tau AI.