GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   2007 UGA Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=89398)

UGADad 08-11-2007 11:38 PM

2007 UGA Recruitment

This is my third try -- lost the first two posts. I'm a newbie with a daughter going through UGA recruitment. I want to start by thanking you all. We have learned so much since stumbling on to this site about two months ago. As a result, she is going in with her eyes open, an open mind, and reasonable expectations. She is an out-of-state freshman, and the adjustment to college life is already going to be difficult for her. We have a close-knit family, and we all went to Athens together to move her in. It was a very emotional day for all of us. She is our second to go off to college, but the first girl. Anyway, we are hoping she will find a great sorority home in Athens to help her with the transition.

sunnydebs 08-11-2007 11:43 PM

GOOD LUCK!

Best of luck to your daughter!

UGADad 08-11-2007 11:48 PM

First Round

I had hoped someone would start a UGA 2007 thread, but since I haven't seen one, I thought I'd get one started while everyone is happy (with no cuts until Monday!). I wish I could do a "recruitment story" for her experience, but I know we'll be lucky to get short calls with little tidbits each day. I'll pass those along. I hope others will as well. Anyway, despite the scorching heat and exhausiting day, she really enjoyed today. They visited 11 of the 18 houses, and they will go to 6 tomorrow (so I guess one sorority isn't participating). She liked almost all the sororities she visited today, and she really loved 5 of them. Of course it is early, and 20 minutes is a short time to find out much about anything, so we'll see how it goes. But the good news is that she really felt good about today.

She has three other friends going through recruitment at UGA, and they all also enjoyed day 1. We'll keep our fingers crossed for all of them.

UGADad

UGADad 08-11-2007 11:52 PM

I can't believe I typed 2008 instead of 2007. I hope a moderator can change the title of the thread for me -- this is about this year's recruitment!

kathykd2005 08-11-2007 11:53 PM

Good luck to your daughter!!! :)

minDyG 08-12-2007 12:19 AM

Yay, a UGA thread!! Keep updating as you get them! :D

SNUIGC 08-12-2007 12:50 AM

Good luck to your daughter...and, I take it you're not greek yourself? That's pretty cool...it seems like parents who are greek take it abit easier than those of us who parents aren't greek and don't know...but, I'm glad to hear that you're learning about all of this.

Zillini 08-12-2007 08:56 AM

I get such a kick reading parents' threads! I think even more than PNMs'.

Good luck to your daughter UGADad and thanks for sharing!

dgdramadawg 08-12-2007 09:35 AM

Hooray for UGA recruitment! Good luck to your daughter!

OleMissGlitter 08-12-2007 12:52 PM

Good luck to your daughter!

ZTA_Lover 08-12-2007 02:09 PM

Good luck to your daughter... I know 3 girls going through rush at UGA and I'm so excited to see where they end up.... GO GREEK :)

BBelleADPi 08-12-2007 02:43 PM

Definite crossing of the fingers for your daughter. Several girls from my area pledged various sororities there last year, and are now enjoying their first year of rush on the other side.

(And what's with GC these days? I had the same problem as UGADAD. On Carnation's daughter's recruitment thread, I'd typed three long posts and each time it was as if I wasn't logged on, and I lost them.)

UGAalum94 08-12-2007 02:46 PM

Perhaps due to my tenancy to write long posts, I've discovered that if you hit the back arrow, often times the posts are still there, so you can copy and paste as needed rather than starting from scratch.

NUBlue&Blue 08-12-2007 02:57 PM

I was out shopping with my daughter last night and we heard from her best friend right after she got back from the first round of open houses...she had a wonderful time and said it was more fun than she ever imagined. The excitement level is high, for these first two days anyway. We're waiting to hear what she thought about the groups today...... :)

UGAalum94 08-12-2007 03:05 PM

I hope things so well for all the PNMs.

The party experience is always fun; it's the cuts that stink. But maybe this year more girls will have the perfect rush!