GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Phi Mu (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Order of the Pink Garter? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=90200)

PhiMuGoddess 09-14-2007 02:37 PM

Order of the Pink Garter?

Hi ladies! I've been hearing bits and pieces here and there about a ceremony for Phi Mu's significant male friends, boyfriends, husbands, etc. Can anyone tell me more about it, or point in the direction of the text to the ceremony?

sageofages 09-14-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiMuGoddess (Post 1519428)
Hi ladies! I've been hearing bits and pieces here and there about a ceremony for Phi Mu's significant male friends, boyfriends, husbands, etc. Can anyone tell me more about it, or point in the direction of the text to the ceremony?

I sent you a PM. I have it for anyone who might want it. PM me, and I will email it to you privately :).

Phi Mu Aurora 09-30-2007 11:48 PM

This sounds really cute, I'd like to learn more about it, too. :)

BabyPiNK_FL 10-01-2007 02:09 AM

me too. i was just given a TKE lavalier by my boyfriend, if it's something that's manageable i'd love to do it for him.

sageofages 10-01-2007 09:34 AM

I have the ceremony. I am not going to post it here though.

PM me with your EMAIL ADDRESS and I will send it to you privately.

scbelle 10-01-2007 09:48 AM

Wow, that sounds like such a cute idea! (sorry to crash)

I was searching army terms and found this thread. I am in the Order of the Yellow Garter... it's for wives of cav soldiers... obviously different from y'alls, but cute nonetheless!

HottieTottie_ 04-28-2009 09:21 PM

I know that this post is old, but if anyone sees it and has the info for it could they PM me with it? And/Or I will give you my e-mail address... this sounds REALLY cute and i'd really like to know about it!

GC2theEC 05-02-2009 05:43 PM

I'm also definitely interested in learning about this! So, if anyone could please PM me, I'd appreciate it!

PhiMu_Lindz 05-07-2009 12:18 AM

I would also love to see it if anyone gets their hands on it! :)

BabyPiNK_FL 05-07-2009 08:56 PM

I have it around somewhere. I'll do my best to pass it on to those interested.

PM_Mama00 05-12-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL (Post 1807319)
I have it around somewhere. I'll do my best to pass it on to those interested.

If this is a ritual PLEASE be careful who you are sending it to. There are plenty of perps on Greekchat and we don't need Phi Mu info being passed around.

If you are truly interested, contact your chapter president and I'm sure she can get the info on it. PLEASE NEVERRRRR EVERRRR pass around ritual information on the web. You never know who you are dealing with!

BabyPiNK_FL 05-12-2009 12:44 PM

It is not in the ritual book. It is something you'd probably do at a wedding. Do you really think Mary Mary and Martha (or any lady that was around between 1852-c.1950s would make something called "The Order of the Pink Garter" up?)

PM_Mama00 05-14-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sageofages (Post 1531238)
I have the ceremony. I am not going to post it here though.

PM me with your EMAIL ADDRESS and I will send it to you privately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL (Post 1808569)
It is not in the ritual book. It is something you'd probably do at a wedding. Do you really think Mary Mary and Martha (or any lady that was around between 1852-c.1950s would make something called "The Order of the Pink Garter" up?)

There's a reason why she's sending it privately, and she's been a Phi Mu far longer than you. (lol sage sorry for the "far longer" part, I could probably say the same as well)

allyxoxo 05-26-2009 07:21 PM

I'd love to hear about it too. My chapter got reinstated at the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2001. One of our members heard bits and pieces about it from her mom who is also a Phi Mu, but she wouldn't disclose too many details. I don't think her mom likes the boy much though, so if I could also have it sent to me, just for personal use, that would be fabulous.
:)

PhiMuMagnolia 07-08-2009 12:22 AM

if anyone could send this to me privately on greekchat, that would be awesome! we've had a lot of girls get lettered and/or engaged in the past two years, and those sisters have often talked of showing the same appreciation for their significant others!!

LIOB!