GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fake/Phony Alums? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=117622)

DeltaBetaBaby 01-08-2011 01:37 PM

I actually wanted to get my mom a "Phi Mu Mom" shirt, but in SDT's colors.

Alumiyum 01-08-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby (Post 2018460)
I actually wanted to get my mom a "Phi Mu Mom" shirt, but in SDT's colors.

I'd buy my mom one if I thought she'd wear it. I know she wouldn't really want to (she's not big on lettered shirts and such even with her own letters) but she has been very supportive of my membership and my organization even though it isn't her own. ETA: She's been supportive of my membership both with time and finances, and IMO it's perfectly fine to show appreciation to a parent with a shirt like that.

DeltaBetaBaby 01-08-2011 02:10 PM

Agreed. There were parents who were more involved in our chapter's parents' association than they were in their own alumnae associations.

carnation 01-08-2011 02:14 PM

Double agreed. I see it a lot with men and women whose kids have been cut by their legacy chapters. I can think of two moms like that who should have been given major awards for all they did for their daughters' chapters! The moms never darkened the door of their own chapters again.

I saw a picture of the phony alum on Facebook with her ADPi stuff. Erg.

KSUViolet06 01-08-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2018480)
I saw a picture of the phony alum on Facebook with her ADPi stuff. Erg.

If this has been answered before, I apologize.

But has any ADPi ever said anything to this woman?

I know that I have no problem telling someone "YOU ARE A PERP."

Typically, a perp will stop perping if enough people (or the right people) let her know that they know she's fake.

carnation 01-08-2011 04:27 PM

The active I know from that chapter says that they have but the woman persists. She still has the ADPi shots all over her FB.

AOII Angel 01-08-2011 05:06 PM

Out her so we can all go on FB and mock her. :p

sanjiyan69 01-08-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2018536)

DO IT

DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT

BabyBearADPi 01-16-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOII Angel (Post 2018536)

PM me if you really want to know :)

carnation 08-27-2011 10:23 AM

Yiiii! I just heard from BabyBearADPi and she said that the perp was actually on campus again once last year. I hope the cops threw her butt out since she'd been banned from campus.

She still has her ADPi FB page.:(

indygphib 08-27-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2085357)
Yiiii! I just heard from BabyBearADPi and she said that the perp was actually on campus again once last year. I hope the cops threw her butt out since she'd been banned from campus.

She still has her ADPi FB page.:(

Wowwwwwww. That's scary. Honestly, though, I actually feel some sympathy for her. She obviously has issues that goes far beyond the norm. I hope she gets the help she truly needs.

KSUViolet06 08-27-2011 01:12 PM

^^^^Right.

I see WHY people don't actually confront her, she is likely quite mentally unstable and needs some serious psych help.

FSUZeta 08-27-2011 07:50 PM

that chapter needs to keep its members and alumnae aware of this woman.

carnation 08-27-2011 11:49 PM

They really do. What does she hope to accomplish?

Tonight ZetaDaughter told me that a girl we've known since she was a child is a member of that chapter. I would personally go after that woman if she harmed that girl.

BabyBearADPi 08-28-2011 09:03 AM

This woman has also been interested in Phi Mu and Alpha Gamma Delta. If you guys know girls who are members in the state of Al, you need to pass on the word. When we couldn't find her in our composites, she said that she was never there for the pictures. She is very crafty and has several names that she goes by.