GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Can I get a roll-call for NPC's using recruitment videos during formal recruitment? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=50312)

gogoaphi 05-01-2004 03:19 PM

Can I get a roll-call for NPC's using recruitment videos during formal recruitment?

I'd like to get an unofficial tally of all the NPC systems that are using recruitment videos as part of formal recruitment. Just chime in with your school's name! Thanks!

CardinalSM 05-01-2004 05:26 PM

Mercer University does on the first night of recruitment. They are always a big hit!

kiqualey12 05-01-2004 05:34 PM

Eastern Washington University does I believe!

crazydphie 05-01-2004 06:07 PM

We're just starting to use them at UBC (in vancouver) i know for sure that at least one other group is doing them, but i think most of the 8 groups will be using them. We have until very recently done traditional slideshows, but myself and my recruitment advisor were really inspired by that theta video that there was a thread about somewhere, dont have the link but it was up pretty recently. ours will only be about 8 or 9 mins tho, because we want to show it on second day, and parties are only half an hour long.

princessnerdy 05-02-2004 01:03 AM

Baylor University and the 9 NPC groups here use them...and have for probably the last 15 yrs at least. Oh so much fun to compile them :)

ADPiShannan 05-02-2004 02:25 AM

I dont know if this counts lol but when I was in with Recruitment, Recruitment Assistant, we made a recruitment video, but we showed it to our active members as a way to show them the dos and donts of recruitment. It was a funny yet educational video.

bruinaphi 05-02-2004 02:27 AM

Here's a partial list (mainly from my region) off the top of my head:

Pepperdine
UCLA
USC
CSULB (some chapters)
SDSU
ASU
U of A
Colorado
UNC
Miami
URI

Schools that have recently phased them out:
UCSB
LMU

lauralaylin 05-02-2004 12:04 PM

URI does.

ThetaPrincess24 05-02-2004 04:45 PM

My chapter at EKU uses two videos--one on philanthropy day/night to give better information about what CASA is and does and then a great majority of Theta chapters(my chapter included) uses a video during preference.

As best as I can remember and as far as I know, no other chapter on EKU's campus uses videos during their recruitment parties.

ETA: My chapter also put together a slide show type of deal on a video of us at different events and sisterhoods and what nots that we played during COB and Spring Recruitment parties. But we arent allowed I dont think to show that during Formal Recruitment (I'll find out this year when I go and observe with the other advisors).

KSUViolet06 05-02-2004 08:45 PM

I believe it's an option for 3rd parties here @ Kent.

breathesgelatin 05-02-2004 09:04 PM

Washington and Lee University uses a video on the third night of our recruitment, Sisterhood Night.

Xylochick216 05-02-2004 09:41 PM

My chapter uses a video slideshow for skit night.

Our Panhellenic hires people from our student television station to tape parts of recruitment week (basically girls waiting, their intro to greek life, etc) and shows it right before they get your bids. They always end it with "Your sisters are waiting for you." It's very emotional and effective.

efcheerBB 05-02-2004 11:11 PM

Michigan State did something like this last year. I don't know if they are going to continue with it this coming fall during Formal recruitment, but I think they should. It shows a bit more of what the houses are about with the videos that we make throughout the year. The PNM's can see what we do together rather than us just tell them.

XOMichelle 05-04-2004 01:39 PM

The sororities at Stanford use them, for the past few years we have done an action adventure video called Chi O's Angels. I think you can guess the plot.

IvySpice 05-04-2004 01:54 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but while you're answering, I'm very interested to hear the reasoning in your chapter or campus behind using a video vs. a skit or neither one.