GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   actives from other schools writing recs? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=97297)

rebelgirl89 06-24-2008 06:27 PM

actives from other schools writing recs?

hey all!

i have sent an email to the greek life office at my school, ole miss, but have yet to hear back, so i wanted y'alls take on this. i think i saw another thread on this but can't find it. sorry if this question has been asking a billion times already!

i have a friend who is a pi beta phi at a school up north. she will be a junior there this fall. is it acceptable for her to write my pi beta phi rec for the ole miss chapter, or is it strictly alum-only?

hopefully i will hear back from ole miss soon with a concrete answer!

any help is appreciated. thanks for you time!

Unregistered- 06-24-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelgirl89 (Post 1672244)
hey all!

i have sent an email to the greek life office at my school, ole miss, but have yet to hear back, so i wanted y'alls take on this. i think i saw another thread on this but can't find it. sorry if this question has been asking a billion times already!

i have a friend who is a pi beta phi at a school up north. she will be a junior there this fall. is it acceptable for her to write my pi beta phi rec for the ole miss chapter, or is it strictly alum-only?

hopefully i will hear back from ole miss soon with a concrete answer!

any help is appreciated. thanks for you time!

According to the thread, only Pi Phi alumnae may submit recs.

Collegians writing recs

rebelgirl89 06-24-2008 06:43 PM

ohh okay, that's the thread i saw! thanks for locating it for me. :-)

gee_ess 06-24-2008 09:31 PM

It varies among NPC groups. Some will allow actives from chapters other than the one on the PNM's campus to write recs. (But evidently, not Pi Phi)

rebelgirl89 06-24-2008 10:51 PM

ah thank you. i am still waiting on the ole miss greek office - but it looks like the question has already been answered here!

JennRN 06-24-2008 11:02 PM

I know it's not Pi Phi, but I think DG will allow only alums to write recs. Sisters, if I am wrong, let me know!!

kddani 06-25-2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelgirl89 (Post 1672396)
ah thank you. i am still waiting on the ole miss greek office - but it looks like the question has already been answered here!

The greek office has nothing to do with it, it's an policy of each of the individual sororities. If your Pi Phi friend is questioning whether or not she can write a rec, she can contact Pi Phi. Ole Miss greek life office can't help you.

dgdramadawg 06-25-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennRN (Post 1672403)
I know it's not Pi Phi, but I think DG will allow only alums to write recs. Sisters, if I am wrong, let me know!!

You are wrong. :) Collegians can write recs; some chapters prefer alumna recs over ones from collegians.

breathesgelatin 06-25-2008 02:23 PM

Just realizing no Pi Phi has replied to this thread yet. No, collegians cannot write RIFs in Pi Phi. They could fill out a legacy form or write a letter of introduction, though.