GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Zeta Phi Beta (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Leader or Follower (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=12219)

Special1920 11-25-2001 10:34 PM

Leader or Follower

Do you tend to be a leader or follower? Is it ok to be a follower?

PKTSU01 11-25-2001 10:40 PM

Leader, without a doubt , leader.

I think it's cool to be a follower if that's all you really can be. i've known people to follow because it's the easiest thing to do, even though they really had the heart, desire and ability to lead others. Not everybody is cut out to lead. Some aren't organized enough, others aren't asshole enough. But, especially within greek life, you notice that some people don't try to be a leader because of the politics involved with elections and whatnot. That just sucks because a lot of the time, the people who end up getting positions aren't the best qualified, they were the ones who ran. Especially with a fraternity, you need people who will show the younger guys the ropes and teach them how to become leaders, that's what replenishes the strength of the group. As for me though, i wasn't confident enough to lead as a freshman, but once I realized that people would follow and that I was as capable if not more capable than 99.9% of others around me, I had the "why not me?" attitude, and its stuck ever since.

blueberi1920 11-26-2001 12:02 PM

I always believed that in order to be a good leader, one must be flexible enough to be a "follower", not a dummy following blindly but someone who listens to and follows what those they are leading say.
I am a leader though, in all aspects of my life ;)

DOVE1920 11-26-2001 12:52 PM

I think I have a little bit of both. I lead when appropriate and follow when appropriate. There is nothing wrong with following someone who you feel is handling their business.

shannieglass 11-26-2001 03:35 PM

I am..

..a little of both..there are times when I lead, and times when I follow..It is iimportant to be able to do both because there are times when I am not always an authority in or on a particular situation. So being able to do well in both roles works well for me

Finer Woman10-A-91 11-27-2001 11:32 PM

Team Player with Leadership skills.

Typically, I end up in leadership positions when I have time. However, I am just as comfortable on the team. I agree if one wants to be a good leader one should be able to work on the team.

lil_sunshine 12-03-2001 06:50 PM

Personally, I prefer to be a leader. Mainly b/c some of the people around me aren't doing much for themselves and I like to set a positive example. I also like being a leader b/c I sometimes come up with good ideas and/or advice/constructive criticism that can help benefit others and give them something to think about. I think it's cool to be a follower if you know that the leader you're following is leading you in the right direction. ;) :p

lil_sunshine 11-03-2006 05:38 PM

TTT for anyone else who wants to answer this question. :D