GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   News & Politics (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Secret Handshake.... (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=73962)

winnieb 01-10-2006 05:31 PM

Secret Handshake....

Secret Handshake Reveals Principal's Stretched Resume
Principal Resigns; Cites Personal Reasons

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...15/detail.html

POSTED: 1:01 pm CST January 10, 2006

CLEVELAND -- Busted!

A charter-school principal in Cleveland has resigned, after failing to recognize a secret handshake.

That's what tipped off the head of the school's advisory board that the principal might have lied about his background.

The advisory board leader, Tim Goler, had been a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity.

The principal -- Lewis Thomas -- claimed to have been a member as well.

But when Goler offered Thomas the fraternity's secret handshake, Thomas didn't recognize it.

Goler said it turns out that much of Thomas' resume was false.

Thomas denied that. He said he resigned for personal reasons.

Unregistered- 01-10-2006 05:42 PM

Wow, that sucks.

While I can neither confirm or deny the fact that we have a secret handshake, I can't imagine doing Ritual related things outside of our chapter room or anywhere outside ceremony.

I know handshakes are the norm for testing whether or not one is a member, but is this common to extend the handshake in places outside your chapter? Just wondering.

TheEpitome1920 01-10-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by OTW

I know handshakes are the norm for testing whether or not one is a member, but is this common to extend the handshake in places outside your chapter? Just wondering.

Yes. ;)

NinjaPoodle 01-10-2006 06:33 PM

Sounds like a PERP got BUSTED...:o

Tom Earp 01-10-2006 06:55 PM

Shi*s and Grins.

Wowie Important News.

But It is KC Mo. School DIstrict isnt it? What The Heck did it have to do with amnything?

Nice Signature OTW ?

God What A Twit?:rolleyes:

Never post

ed Your Sh*t to your National President, well, didnt need to!:eek:
She knows anyway!

Unregistered- 01-10-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Earp

Nice Signature OTW ?

God What A Twit?:rolleyes:

Never post

ed Your Sh*t to your National President, well, didnt need to!:eek:
She knows anyway!

You gonna start post stalking me and ruin every thread from now on?

Moderator, please edit his post.

ETA: Tom Earp likes to pride himself on the fact that he went to college with my International President. He likes to hang it over my head that it's because of him that she knows about my GC behavior when I could really give a shit.

Hi, Connie! *waves*

GeekyPenguin 01-10-2006 07:42 PM

What an idiot. He never thought that a fellow brother might try that?

Unregistered- 01-10-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
What an idiot. He never thought that a fellow brother might try that?
Not only that, but being that we've made great strides in technology, many GLOs' member directories are now online and it's now easier to verify membership at the click of a button!

starang21 01-10-2006 08:17 PM

lol, hilarious....

rho4life 01-10-2006 08:34 PM

com-e-dy!

winnieb 01-10-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Earp

But It is KC Mo. School Dostrictisnt it? What The Heck did it have to do with amnything?

No, Cleveland-- I just happen to find that article on the front page of the KC Star online.

honeychile 01-10-2006 09:50 PM

Did Tim Goler mention anything to Principal Lewis Thomas to make him think that he was about to offer the secret handshake?

I surely don't gladhand everyone with our handshake; in fact, I only offer it when someone does mention that she's an Alpha Delta Pi.

And as been said, you can always confirm someone's information on the internet. Maybe Tim Goler had reason to believe that Principal Thomas was a perp?

AKA_Monet 01-10-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by honeychile
Did Tim Goler mention anything to Principal Lewis Thomas to make him think that he was about to offer the secret handshake?

I surely don't gladhand everyone with our handshake; in fact, I only offer it when someone does mention that she's an Alpha Delta Pi.

And as been said, you can always confirm someone's information on the internet. Maybe Tim Goler had reason to believe that Principal Thomas was a perp?

From all that I know about the Alphas, they have a general "brotherly greeting", especially if someone has posted on their resume that they are a member.

It's kinna like the first line of suspicion if someone doesn't know the very important secret stuff that was indoctrinated during the membership intake process. I think it is very standard for the Alphas, but I won't speak for them.

That's just the way it is...

honeychile 01-10-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AKA_Monet
From all that I know about the Alphas, they have a general "brotherly greeting", especially if someone has posted on their resume that they are a member.

It's kinna like the first line of suspicion if someone doesn't know the very important secret stuff that was indoctrinated during the membership intake process. I think it is very standard for the Alphas, but I won't speak for them.

That's just the way it is...

I was wondering if it was an Alpha thing. Thank you for clearing it up for me!

KSigkid 01-11-2006 07:00 AM

That's too funny -- have to love lying on the resume and about your affiliation.