GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Alumni Involvement (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Panhellenic Alumnae members in Sacramento (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=144286)

AXiD SmileyFace 10-11-2014 06:56 PM

Panhellenic Alumnae members in Sacramento

Hello all. I've been a long time lurker and occasional commentator but this is my first time posting my own thread. I am the panhellenic delegate for my sorority's alumnae association. We are hosting the annual Bunco event for the Sacramento Panhellenic Alumnae Association. I was just wondering if there are any local alums interested in attending (if so pm me) or if any body has any ideas of how to look up/get in contact more alums in the area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :o

AdmiralPerry 10-11-2014 09:00 PM

You could contact the various NPC groups' headquarters to get their local contact information.

navane 10-11-2014 09:41 PM

I lived in Elk Grove for a number of months last summer/fall and, unfortunately, I never got a chance to participate with my own alumnae chapter or the Sac panhellenic association.

One thing I might suggest is updating the Sac APH website and Facebook page. The website's most recent information is from March 2013 and the Facebook page's last entries are from April 2014. Your APH president is attempting to post items, but since your Facebook page is a group page, her posts show up on the "Posts to page" side bar and not on the main timeline. Whoever owns or has access to the "Sacramento Alumnae Panhellenic Association" screen name should be posting notices.

Also, I imagine that you need to encompass the "greater Sacramento area" due to the somewhat lower population concentrations across the wider region. However, one thing I found a little difficult was when a bunch of events would be held in Folsom and El Dorado Hills.....and I lived in Elk Grove. Ironically enough, your spring 2013 luncheon was held about 4 blocks down the street from my house in Elk Grove; but, I hadn't moved to Sac until August. LOL

At any rate, if I was still in Sac, I would have been willing to drive up to downtown, Arden-Arcade and Folsom; but, stuff east and north towards Roseville, Auburn, etc is too far from "South Sac South". That said, I'm back in SoCal now; but, on my next trip up, I will check out the calendar to see what events might be on. Best wishes to you on growing the association!

AXiD SmileyFace 10-12-2014 07:59 AM

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I've got contact information for every Panhellenic Alumnae Association except for ADPi. They have an Alum Assoc. out here and I checked their website but they just have an address not an email which is what I am trying to find. But I guess I could try snail mail. I was actually wondering if anyone had ideas on how to reach out to individual members who aren't part of their Alumni Associations. I also liked the idea that you posted about reaching out to the surrounding cities such as Elk Groove, Folsom, Roseville etc. As a matter of fact the majority of women in my assoc. do not live in Sac, but the surrounding areas. I will have to look into that. Thanks for the ideas.

Alpha O 10-12-2014 02:35 PM

I was Panhellenic Delegate in a different area of the country so I don't know how much this will apply to you, but we always promoted events at the Panhellenic meetings (ours were held monthly) by announcing them and bringing invitations or any promotional materials. I'd pass the information on to my alumnae chapter and I presume that the other delegates did as well.

If you don't have regular meetings, I think the only way to really contact alumnae would be through the local alumnae chapters. It sounds like you already have that information. I don't see any way of getting contact information for alumnae who are not part of an alumnae chapter in the area. If alumnae truly are out of touch, I don't think their contact information would necessarily be known, but of course I cannot speak with certainty for every Panhellenic organization. I'm just thinking that if someone is out of touch, it is likely that that person hasn't updated her contact information in a while and the details may or may not have changed.

AXiD SmileyFace 10-13-2014 08:18 PM

I think in this case Alpha O you are probably right. I guess their own alum assoc. should reach out to them first or vice versa. And some alumnae prefer to remain unaffiliated with their chapters or panhellenic. Unfortunately we will not be having another meeting until after the event has passed. I've reached out to all of the alum associations here (about 20 in this area) as well as the collegiate chapters at a few of the universities so hopefully we will have a good turn out. Thanks for all of your input. It was very helpful.