GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Ghosts and the Paranormal (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=8819)

DSTCHAOS 03-18-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scully (Post 1619583)
I don't know..I still get the chills! But I feel like they spend more time debunking the homeowner's theories. The group basically just left with saying, "if the lights going off make her feel better and she thinks the spirit is gone, then it's ok...it was just a power outage." I hate when there's no firm conclusion.

It was strange.

I get chills until they start debunking the homeowner's theories. And the end synopsis leaves a lot to be desired. They need to do better than that if they want people to NOT get tired of this show.

Thetagirl218 04-01-2008 06:20 PM

This thread has inspired me to share my own stories.

Since I was young, I have had the uncanny ability to predict things that were going to happen. Like exactly what someone is going to say, who is calling on the phone, who is knocking at the door(While being on the opposite end of the house), etc.

I also can sense if there is a presence. Someone in the thread mentioned the Winchester House. I went there when I was 11, ironically my grandmother died that same week. Since then (10 years have past) I just get this weird feeling many times when I am some place, like I sense someone's presence.

I often feel like someone is watching me when I am in my parents' home. I will be sitting downstairs watching TV and I feel as if someone is watching me. It is the weirdest thing! I also had the strange feeling that there is someone standing at the end of my bed by my closet in my bedroom at their house. I will also hear footsteps from upstairs when there is no one home except myself. Oddly enough when I left for college all this activity ceased.

I will post my cousin's story in a bit.

LucyKKG 04-01-2008 08:12 PM

I hate that I like this thread so much. It creeps me out, but I can't help but read on! At least it's still daylight here.

DeltAlum 04-02-2008 09:49 PM

http://www.forgottenoh.com/OU/ou.html

Check this link to read about my Alma Mater, including Delta Tau Delta and a number of other Greek Houses on campus.

barbino 04-03-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltAlum (Post 1628403)
http://www.forgottenoh.com/OU/ou.html

Check this link to read about my Alma Mater, including Delta Tau Delta and a number of other Greek Houses on campus.

I thought that my story was interesting until I read yours, but here goes.

We visited Atchinson, Kansas last summer to meet my brother's fiancee's family. She has an aunt that is a Benedictine (Catholic) nun there. We were driving through the convent grounds when we came upon a building in ruins-very scary- and found out that they were tearing down one of the old college buildings. Everything was very old & bizarre. My brother took a picture and when he had it developed there were light "orbs" on the wall. He did research on the Atchinson area & found out that its well-known to be one of the most haunted areas of the US and lots of paranormal activity has been cited there.
The whole trip was weird- you can feel that something is going on there, it's hard to explain. It may just be highly spiritual because of the nuns and praying to God & all. That's what I thought until he told us of his research. My brother is a highly skeptical and sarcastic person who really does not believe anything easily. I want to go back now that I know about the hauntings and check it out again. :)

DSTCHAOS 04-03-2008 07:29 PM

I love this thread.

carnation 05-11-2008 11:24 AM

I am really creeped out.

This weekend I was working at an Alabama camp that my kids have gone to for years. Some of the longtime staffers (that would include me but somehow I never heard this) were talking about creepy things that had happened over recent years.

One staffer had gone down to one building and upon opening the door, heard a bunch of women apparently having a conference. She stood for awhile, decided it wasn't a group she knew, left, and said something to the camp director, who said, "Nobody is at camp today except us." They ran back up the hill but the building was empty.:eek:

Then another staffer reminded everyone about the time that she and her daughter-in-law drove up to the dining hall, which was dark, and flipped the lights on. From the back, they heard an elderly lady call, "Who's here? Who just came in?" and they went to the back. No one was there, it was dark, locked, and deserted.:eek:They swore it sounded like the former (deceased) camp director.

Then they started talking about how lately, several staffers who were walking up to the stables at night had heard horses galloping up the gravel road behind them--sounded like right up to them--but none were there.

I've been in these places alone before but it ain't going to happen again, lol.

DSTCHAOS 05-11-2008 01:07 PM

I hear ya. After hearing those stories, I would never be alone. LOL.

More stories! More stories!

Thetagirl218 05-11-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS (Post 1649308)
More stories! More stories!

I guess I will share my cousin's strange encounter.

When my cousin was about 4 years old he was sitting on the floor of the laundry room (which was more or less a closet) while his mother (my aunt) folded clothes. My aunt was distracted for a second and watched my cousin because she says he had the weirdest look on his face.

My aunt went back to folding the laundry, but noticed the room was cooler. My cousin then burst out with "Hey Mom, who is that lady standing to next to you?"

There was no one standing next to her.

My cousin to this day, 15 years later says the image of the lady is still burned in his brain. She was wearing a black dress and white apron in turn of the century type clothing. He said she also had her hair up on her head in a bun. She simply stood next to my aunt like she didn't see her at all and started to fold the laundry.

Something weird to consider, the house they were living at when this happened was built in the early 60s, and we have no idea if there was ever a house there before though ancient Indian burial mounds have been discovered close by.

carnation 10-23-2008 09:54 PM

This being the season, I thought I would bump this thread. This and also--

Today my UGa daughter walked into the little bathroom across from her advisor's office. As she walked in, she noted that the doors were open to the other 2 stalls, no one was in them. A couple of minutes later, a roll of toilet paper sailed over the top of the stall and conked her on the head. She was really upset when she called us because she knows no one else was in there plus she would have heard someone heave the door open had another person entered the bathroom.

jojapeach 10-24-2008 08:44 AM

Thanks for bringing this back, carnation. :) That's scary!!!! I wonder if she was on North Campus since that is the oldest part of UGA's campus. There's bound to be plenty of ghost at 200+ yr old college, but I wouldn't have thought one would be so mean-spirited.

DISCLAIMER: I'm just a fan of the show below.

I was listening to The Bert Show on All The Hits Q100 this morning, and they started my favorite segment of the year: Atlanta Ghost Hunters! They played back EVP of ghosts speaking that was recorded last year. (It was so dark and rainy at 7 am when I was listening. LOVED IT!) Some recordings were weird and scary, and one was bizarre (a guy saying "Touch me, daddy"...eww). All next week, y'all should check out the new recordings around the Atlanta area. They'll probably be on in the 7 am hour.

I have an interesting ghost story of my own...maybe. I've noticed over the past 12 months that I'm randomly hearing a loud scream and I wake up. Not a bolt out of bed or a cold swear. I just wake up maybe because I'm used to it now. It's not a voice that I can readily recognize like my late brother or grandfather, but I hear this yell when I need to get up and get going. It's like my own personal wake up call. However, I swear I saw a dark figure go across the bathroom while I was showering (my shower curtain is clear with a sheer white outer curtain). My husband is dark-skinned and has a tendancy to play jokes, but I never heard the door open or his jokester laugh. I got a nasty chill and had to look out during the rest of my shower.

princesspeach 10-25-2008 04:06 PM

Ok mine is pretty weird, but when I was really young- between the ages of 2 and 4 or 5, I would wake up in the middle of the night and this creature that looked like a tree trunk but with legs nd arms and a face would carry me into my parents' room and put me in the bed with them. I know that I was young, but I am positive that I didn't walk there myself and why would my parents wake me up and put me in their bed? Plus, my dad would usually carry me back to my room. When I was 4 or 5 the tree trunk started coming less and less often and I started walking in there myself.

preciousjeni 10-25-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princesspeach (Post 1735739)
Ok mine is pretty weird, but when I was really young- between the ages of 2 and 4 or 5, I would wake up in the middle of the night and this creature that looked like a tree trunk but with legs nd arms and a face would carry me into my parents' room and put me in the bed with them. I know that I was young, but I am positive that I didn't walk there myself and why would my parents wake me up and put me in their bed? Plus, my dad would usually carry me back to my room. When I was 4 or 5 the tree trunk started coming less and less often and I started walking in there myself.

Did you ever ask your parents if they recall how you got into their bed as a toddler? I had this memory from when I was still sleeping in a crib. There was this creature that I can only describe as a goat that would peer over the edge of the crib. I would be absolutely terrified and I would cry quietly and lie perfectly still. I had completely forgotten about it until a few years ago when I was looking through baby pictures. I noticed one that sent a chill through me (I was an adult at the time lol). It was the goat. But, when I looked more closely at the picture, I realized it was only a brown blanket that lay across one edge of the crib. It was creepy though because the design on the blanket and the way it was placed really made it look like a goat head. Eek!

SWTXBelle 10-25-2008 07:31 PM

Three weeks ago my sister-in-law was still pregnant. She and my brother have refused to tell anyone the names they were considering - they didn't know themselves which of the three they would use.

My sister was visiting a friend when the friend's 3 yr. old son asked her "Do you know someone named Ethan?". (Mom says the 3 yr. old doesn't know anyone named Ethan - rather unusual name in these parts)

Fast-forward two days later - my brother and sil have the baby, and announce his name is - Ethan.

:confused: :eek:

carnation 01-11-2009 05:42 PM

How come I always seem to be the one to bump this thread with a new scary story?

So weird stuff has been happening in my classroom ever since they created a new classroom and moved me in 2 years ago. A couple of days a week, the room will get icy cold and we'll smell an odor like the sulfur water that beach communities get (not just sulfur but sulfur water, a smell that I love). The custodians have looked into it and there's no reason for either. The cold can come in any season and when it does, the air conditioner isn't on.:confused:

In the last couple of months, books have started falling randomly out of the shelf. It happens during various class periods and I've been playing it off when it happens so the students don't realize that anything is odd. (Although the last time it happened for the third time in one day, I was alone and grading papers and distractedly yelled, "Cut it out!" OMG... anyway, it didn't happen again.) So Thursday, a student who sits in front of the bookshelves kept twisting around and looking at them and finally said, "Dr. C, I really feel like someone is standing behind me." He has sat there for 2 years and has never done that!

I finally spoke to the head custodian, who's this very serious man, and you'd figure at 6'8" he'd be unafraid of anything. he said, "Now that you've told me that, I feel like I can tell you what's been happening to me here at night and you won't laugh." He then told me that when he comes in late and knows he's the only one in the building, he'll hear doors slamming up and down the hall and voices all over the place. Eeeee. I heard the same thing from a former biology teacher/coach a couple of years ago and he refused to work at night anymore.

Around this area, if you have this kind of thing happen people say that the building must have been built over a Native American graveyard. Who knows, although the school is only 10 years old. There's a supposedly haunted covered bridge nearby that was closed 2 years ago; maybe the spirits just popped on over to the school?

libramunoz 01-15-2009 12:20 PM

I have seen my dead Grandfather. True story. He had been gone for maybe 4 months or so. I had just moved into his house and I was sitting in the den watching t.v. Well I happened to look up and to my right and low and behold I see Granddaddy watching me. He had just "stepped" in from the kitchen and was looking at me. He was wearing his "normal" work clothes for the farm. I saw straight through him and could see the front of the kitchen door. But when I looked down, I didn't see the lower half of his torso, just his upper half, like he was leaning in on the door frame as if he were going to speak to me. I was half shocked, half calmed. I just said, "I'm o.k. Granddaddy, everything is fine. Go on back" and resumed to look at the t.v. When I looked back, about 5 seconds later, he was gone.
But this isn't something strange to me. Usually when my deceased relatives pass that I am close too, I have dreams about them.
But this isn't the first time he has come to "check up" on me. There were a few other times when I walked into the house after coming home from work and smelled his cologne or his shaving cream. I have also smelled my Grandmother as well. I have smelled liliac perfume coming from down the hallway. I live alone in the house and I don't wear liliac perfume and no one has used his cologne or shaving cream since I last put it on him the day that he died. He knew that I loved to put his aftershave on him because it smelled so good on him. I keep the bottle on the dresser and don't ever open it.
So while some people would be creeped out, it doesn't seem to bother me. There are times when I hear someone calling my nickname as well in the house and no one is in there with me except the dogs. My mom's at her home. It's happened about 6 times that I can recall, but I guess that I am used to it at this point.

PiKA2001 08-14-2010 06:26 AM

The other week I had some friends and coworkers help me move out of the house I was renting and into an apartment on the other side of town. I decided to move into something a little smaller because the house was 1800 sq ft and it was just the cat and I living there, so all that extra space unnecessary. Cleaning the damn house could take all day and since the house was almost 90 years old ( somewhat old for El Paso ) it wasn't very energy efficient. When one of my coworkers showed up, he had never been over to my house before, the first thing he asked me was if the house was haunted. I assumed he asked me because it was just an older home, but apparently it was because his mom works in the building/house next to mine and claims it's haunted.

The house next door to mine was converted to a law office but originally it was a private residence and is supposedly quite haunted. The workers hear people walking back and forth in the attic, people will get locked in bathrooms, and books flying off the bookcases in the library. My coworker had gone ghost hunting there a couple of times in the past and had caught EVPs of what sounded like a child crying while there. He said that all of the people who work there are afraid of the house and NO ONE will ever stay late ( after dark ) or work alone there.

Now this is where it get's kind of weird for me. My patio was in between my house and this house and we've spent many a long nights on the patio eating dinner, drinking wine, having a fire, etc. Every now and then while we had been outside on the patio we noticed lights turning on and off in that house, as if someone was going from room to room. Most of the time it was between 8-10 PM but there was a time or two that a light would come on at 1 or 2 AM. I had always assumed it was cleaning crew or maybe a lawyer working late, so when my coworker, who's mom works there, said that NO ONE is ever there after dark it gave me goosebumps.

Here's a pic of the law office
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_ga...n/photostream/

AZTheta 08-14-2010 09:46 AM

ah, it's a Trost house...very familiar style around here. Henry C. Trost was an architect here in Tucson before moving on to El Paso. Some of our most beautiful old buildings (the Steinfeld mansion, the Owls club) were designed by him.

I'm relieved you bumped this thread. Good to know I'm not the only person who gets visits.

DrPhil 08-14-2010 10:13 AM

I miss this thread. Thanks for bumping it.

PM_Mama00 08-14-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiKA2001 (Post 1968428)
The other week I had some friends and coworkers help me move out of the house I was renting and into an apartment on the other side of town. I decided to move into something a little smaller because the house was 1800 sq ft and it was just the cat and I living there, so all that extra space unnecessary. Cleaning the damn house could take all day and since the house was almost 90 years old ( somewhat old for El Paso ) it wasn't very energy efficient. When one of my coworkers showed up, he had never been over to my house before, the first thing he asked me was if the house was haunted. I assumed he asked me because it was just an older home, but apparently it was because his mom works in the building/house next to mine and claims it's haunted.

The house next door to mine was converted to a law office but originally it was a private residence and is supposedly quite haunted. The workers hear people walking back and forth in the attic, people will get locked in bathrooms, and books flying off the bookcases in the library. My coworker had gone ghost hunting there a couple of times in the past and had caught EVPs of what sounded like a child crying while there. He said that all of the people who work there are afraid of the house and NO ONE will ever stay late ( after dark ) or work alone there.

Now this is where it get's kind of weird for me. My patio was in between my house and this house and we've spent many a long nights on the patio eating dinner, drinking wine, having a fire, etc. Every now and then while we had been outside on the patio we noticed lights turning on and off in that house, as if someone was going from room to room. Most of the time it was between 8-10 PM but there was a time or two that a light would come on at 1 or 2 AM. I had always assumed it was cleaning crew or maybe a lawyer working late, so when my coworker, who's mom works there, said that NO ONE is ever there after dark it gave me goosebumps.

Here's a pic of the law office
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_ga...n/photostream/

I can't believe this weirds you out after living in the Pike house and hearing some of those horror stories. Now that is some scary shit.

littleowl33 08-14-2010 06:43 PM

Oooh, this thread creeps me out! Ghost/paranormal stories are the one thing that really freaks me out (so why am I reading this??). Thought I'd share mine...

When I was younger my parents bought a small house in New England that was built in the 1600's. It was definitely ghost story worthy - low ceilings, small windows, even a hidden cellar room that could only be accessed by a disguised trap door in the floor. They built a big addition onto it and we pretty much always lived in the addition since it had everything we needed. The one thing we did go there for regularly was the piano, which was kept in the old parlor area. One morning I remember waking up in my bedroom, which was in the addition, and hearing someone playing the piano in the house. My sister is the only one in the family who plays but when I looked in her room next to mine she was sound asleep. I woke her up and she heard it too, so we very quietly went down the stairs to go investigate. The stairs we were going down were pretty far from the piano so there's no way anyone playing it could have heard us since we were being so quiet, but as soon as my foot touched the ground floor the music stopped. When we went to the piano room there was no one there. It was around 5 or 6 in the the morning, so no one else was up and all the doors to the house were locked. My sister also swears she left the lid over the keys closed after the last time she played, and it was lifted. It never happened again but it really gave me goosebumps.

I used to get creepy feelings in that house a lot, and I never liked to be there by myself, especially after dark. I just felt really uneasy, like there was a presence that didn't appreciate me being there! My friends once talked me into playing Ouija in there and it was terrifying. I'm not sure that I really believe in Ouija boards but we kept getting all these creepy answers, and it kept giving us antiquated names that would have been used 300 years ago but not today. *shudder*

PiKA2001 08-14-2010 07:55 PM

Nothing good can come from a ouija board. Every legitimate paranormal expert advises against using them. I'm also convinced that a friend and I invited a ghost into his house by playing with one when we were about 14 years old. It was after our ouija sessions that "stuff" started happening at his place.

Wolfman 08-14-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiKA2001 (Post 1968841)
Nothing good can come from a ouija board. Every legitimate paranormal expert advises against using them. I'm also convinced that a friend and I invited a ghost into his house by playing with one when we were about 14 years old. It was after our ouija sessions that "stuff" started happening at his place.

Yes, it is very dangerous playing with Ouija boards. People don't realize that they are unwittingly opening themselves up to evil forces when they do this and dabble in occultic practices. This was my experience as a young person. The real story behind the movie The Exorcist had its origins in a relative of boy who was a spiritualist medium bought one of these Ouija boards as a gift and the boy played with it. After this the manifestations of the demonic possession began to appear.

PM_Mama00 08-15-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiKA2001 (Post 1968841)

I've had a few bad experiences, all while in junior high and high school. A fellow student in 8th grade had gotten hit by a car and passed right when school started for the year. Towards the end of the year a bunch of us were together at another friend's house. One of the boys with us had been that student's best friend. We asked about the student and it said 666. No one in that room on the board was sick enough to mess with our heads on this. We then heard a pound on the floor, coming from the basement. We decided to put it away. One of my friends had said that usually she's really creeped out with the board, but this time she felt an unusual calm.

Another experience I had was at a friend's birthday party, same year, and in the same townhouse complex as the first time. We were all very into Nirvana and Kurt Cobain had committed suicide months before. My friend had a Nirvana poster on her wall, and we asked the board to give us a sign that Kurt was with us. We kept looking around the room, and saw nothing. I looked up at the poster, and normally Dave Grohl's head was tilted towards Kurt. When I looked up, his head was tilted away making a funny face. I swear on my letters. I never talked about it to anyone because I was SO terrified that I wanted to put the thought out of my mind. I still try to. But years later in high school I brought it up to one of the girls and she said she saw the same thing.

The last experience was in high school after a tennis tournament. We had a sleepover at a teammates house, who's room was in the basement but sectioned off. We didn't end up playing with it and some of us refused to sleep in the room with it. (one of the girls was involved in the Kurt Cobain incident)

carnation 10-02-2010 06:22 PM

bumping this because it's October and because my grown niece has scared us with a story about this little girl in an old-fashioned blue dress who keeps peeking around their bedroom door, then vanishing...

carnation 10-01-2011 11:36 AM

...and bumping it for October 2011!

clarinette 10-01-2011 09:03 PM

So, my house has several ghosts in it. One of them is a woman in her mid-20's.

I was curled up in my bed, ready to go to sleep, when I felt something extremely cold.

I look up, and the ghost is rubbing my back. I have never screamed so loud in my entire life.

PiKA2001 10-01-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinette (Post 2096710)
So, my house has several ghosts in it. One of them is a woman in her mid-20's.

I was curled up in my bed, ready to go to sleep, when I felt something extremely cold.

I look up, and the ghost is rubbing my back. I have never screamed so loud in my entire life.

So you actually saw the ghost rubbing your back? Impressive. I'd love to live with a ghost that gave out back rubs.

carnation 10-02-2011 12:29 PM

I did hear a new story this year, come to think of it. Our exterminator grew up on the campus of the college I mentioned early in this thread and we were talking about the also forementioned church. He said that he and a couple of his buddies went out to the church and it was pitch black outside. As they approached the church, the piano inside began to play loudly. A couple of the guys ran off but he ran up to the church to look inside. The piano stopped playing and he couldn't see a thing in there other than the outline of the piano.

As he walked away, the piano began to play again.:eek:

Now you might be thinking--was it a player piano? Or was somebody playing it in the dark? Well, he said there was no way someone could have seen to play the piano but when I told my husband about this story last month and wondered if it could be a player piano, he said, "Um, no. Somebody donated that piano to the church and my granddad and I moved it up there years ago. No way is that a player piano." :eek:

txAOII_15 10-03-2011 04:48 PM

oh my sophomore year i wound up living in one of the campus houses instead of one of the campus apartments. this house was said to be haunted but i never really thought anything of it. anyways, my room was on the third floor which was an attic but had been converted to rooms. i was all the way at the end of the hallway next to a room with double doors that was always locked. right across from the locked room was an old rotary phone that was attached to the wall but wasnt hooked up to a power source, it didnt have any wiring and didnt have a dial tone. i heard that phone ring several times in the evening and at night when my roommate would go home for the weekend and i was the only one on that side of the hall. i was so happy to get to move out of there at the end of the year!

clarinette 10-03-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiKA2001 (Post 2096733)
So you actually saw the ghost rubbing your back? Impressive. I'd love to live with a ghost that gave out back rubs.

Yeah, but she looked kinda like a girl all dressed in 1800's clothes, so it was pretty freaky, especially for me when I was 10 or so. She also stood near my bed a lot. She stands near the door now; she won't come near me anymore.

I realize how crazy I must sound, but I swear this is true. We also have a ghost that made my sister's bed jump and grabbed her ankle one night (This one was a guy).

LikeASista 10-04-2011 02:52 PM

Oh no! Not this thread again! :eek: Is it October already?! I absolutely canNOT read this thread unless it is sunny and shiny in the middle of the day. If I read it at night, I will HAVE to have a couple of drinks just to calm my nerves a bit. :o

Okay, my story:

~deep breath~ I worked as the choral director at a local middle school here in my town for three years. The choir room is where I taught and spent most of my time. I brought a little stereo system from home to use in the classroom so that I could play CDs for my students, ... whether they were learning new repertoire, relaxing during a party, or doing their "Do Now" activities, where they would dance to that dreadful Cha Cha. (I'm sure you're familiar with "Right foot ... stomp. Left foot ... stomp. Cha cha with the right, and cha cha on your left. Now turn to the right and move to the left, ... back it up! And JUMP!" Yeah, that one.) Anyway ...

What I found perculiar was that I never had a problem with the CDs used for learning new repertoire, but for some reason, my system would completely stop working whenever I played some of today's music. It would just shut off. I assumed it was nothing, ... maybe it was just the CD itself. Then, one day, two of my students were sitting at the very table the stereo was on, and out of no where, the radio popped on and began playing very loudly. I immediately assumed my students had turned it on, but the looks on their faces convinced me that they were just as shocked as I was. One student said, "We promise we didn't touch it, ... it just popped on out the blue!" I told them to turn it off, and it went off fine, but when I looked at the socket, the freakin' radio wasn't even plugged up!

After asking a few teachers if they were experiencing any strange things happening in their classrooms, they all began to tell me about a boy who'd been decapitated years ago right there at the school. I wasn't sure if I believed the stories, ... after all, that sounded a bit wild for it to happen at a school. Suicides, yes ... but decapitated? Come on.

Well, the story was confirmed by two people. One of the teachers assured me that he himself had been a 7th grade student there at the school when it happened, and that he would never forget it. Then another teacher, who has been at the school for 25 years, said she took the job immediately following the boy's tragedy, ... and was able to get a full account of what happened from the custodial staff who had to "clean up the mess".

The story was that the young man used to skip 3rd or 4th period every Friday with his girlfriend. The two of them would climb into a little crawl space up above the school auditorium to smoke pot together. The day the young man was killed is the same day he and his girlfriend had a fight, because she didn't want to get in trouble. The faculty and the administration had already gotten on her case. They were on to her, and were threatening to discipline her if she didn't comply, so she tried to tell her boyfriend that she no longer wanted to skip class. He became highly upset and decided to skip class on his own and climb up into the little crawl space by himself. He must've assumed that since everyone was on to the girlfriend, they'd be on to him as well. So, instead of stopping at that first crawl space as usual, he decided to go a little further up. And, at that time, the school had very large fans that ran constantly. Well, he underestimated how close he was to those blades, and wouldn't you know it ... CHOP! He didn't know what hit him.

As the day progressed, the boy's mother began to worry, because her son had not come home from school. They searched everywhere. Nothing. They questioned the girlfriend, learning that the two of them had had an argument earlier. Late that night, they decided to go back to the school just in case he was locked in a room somewhere and couldn't get out. Then, one person just HAPPENED to walk into the auditorium, and there on the wall was a mess of a blood trickling down from the top of the auditorium.

Immediately after that incident, the students talked about how they'd seen him in the auditorium whenever there was an assembly going on. And he particularly LOVED to hear the choir sing. Hmmm ... a music lover, eh? I think that explains why my stereo system would shut down whenever I'd play the "hip hop" stuff. LOL!!

[Sorry this was so long ... :o]

carnation 10-04-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeASista (Post 2097361)
Oh no! Not this thread again! :eek: Is it October already?! I absolutely canNOT read this thread unless it is sunny and shiny in the middle of the day. If I read it at night, I will HAVE to have a couple of drinks just to calm my nerves a bit. :o

lol

carnation 10-29-2011 10:19 PM

bump again for Halloween!

carnation 05-16-2012 01:22 PM

To All You Guys with Ghost Stories:
I got this email from this producer last week. I forgot that I'd told him that he ought to look on GC if he wanted some good ones--someone else had sent me a link to his page. Sooo---send him your best!

Thank you for your email!
I know its late following up, but we had already casted that season when you sent this.
However, we are currently casting Season 2.
Since you are a moderator on the board, is there anyway you could post our casting notice so that students and alumni can see it?

Thanks so much!

CASTING FOR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI WHO HAVE HAD HAUNTED CAMPUS EXPERIENCES!

Mark Burnett, Jarrett Creative Group and the Syfy cable TV network are seeking high school and college students as well as alumni who have come face to face with paranormal activity on their school campuses. If you have witnessed a first hand experience with ghosts, hauntings or other unexplained phenomena in your classrooms... In your dorm... In locker rooms or on athletic fields... We may want to tell your story and recreate it on television. We are interested in hearing stories from students current and past, parents and current or former school employees.

If you or someone you know has a story to tell, please email us at:

RealityCasting@GothamCasting.com

Write "School Spirits" in the subject line and include the following:

NAME:
AGE (must be at least 16 years old):
PHONE:
RECENT PHOTO:
SCHOOL NAME:
SCHOOL CITY AND STATE:
DETAILED EXPERIENCE OF YOUR HAUNTING (Be as specific and detailed as possible):
NAMES AND AGES OF ANYONE THAT EXPERIENCED THIS WITH YOU

Dixie_Amazon 08-24-2012 08:03 AM

I live in southern Louisiana, an area saturated with ghost stories.

When my grandmother was behind someone and wanted to get their attention she would touch you on the elbow instead of tapping on your shoulder. She has been gone a long time and still does it.

I also have occasional dreams that come true and know things people haven't told me. Once my husband and I were watching TV and I put on my shoes and went and got my purse and asked, "Are you ready to go to the bookstore?". It freaked my husband out because he had been thinking about going but had not said a word about it. He is accustomed to it now and says I am his favorite psychic/psychotic.;)

amIblue? 08-24-2012 10:55 PM

I hate all y'all. Why did I read this at night?

Going to have to keep my daughter's ladybug nightlight in my room tonight!

LikeASista 08-24-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amIblue? (Post 2171107)
I hate all y'all. Why did I read this at night?

ME TOO!!!! :eek: And it's not even October yet! Now I need a nice glass of Cosmopolitan to go to sleep. :(

PiKA2001 08-25-2012 05:50 AM

Funny that this thread was resurrected the same day that I heard a doozy of a story from a friend of mine.

This takes place at Ft Bliss which is in El Paso, TX. My friend is an Army MP (military police) stationed there and he received a call that somebody was stuck in an elevator in Building C. When he arrived he heard a man in the closed elevator essentially freaking out screaming for help. My friend tried to get the elevator open from the outside but couldn't so he called for back up and the fire dept. Some more MP's showed up and they were able to pry to door open about half an inch and were able to see the silhouette of the man. He was waving his arms frantically and he started screaming even louder. They told him, "Sir, calm down, we are going to get you out of here, just calm down." The man wasn't listening and continued his cries for help. The fire dept shows up and they were able to pry the door open and when they did...

NO ONE WAS IN THE ELEVATOR.

My buddy said that 4 of the guys actually screamed out loud.

LikeASista 08-25-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiKA2001 (Post 2171166)
My buddy said that 4 of the guys actually screamed out loud.

:eek: ... and I just screamed out loud in this very public place called Starbucks. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom now.