GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Disaffiliate and pledge another? (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=87626)

SummerLvn 05-31-2007 10:21 PM

Disaffiliate and pledge another?

I REALLY NEED HELP ABOUT THIS ASAP!!!

k so here's the deal. in fall '06, as a first semester freshman, i joined a sorority. it turned out that their dues were the highest on campus and the girls were very superficial/catty/just not my type. so at the beginning of second semester, i decided to resign (i had only been a sister for about a month or two). second semester i started talking to a few girls from my second choice sorority (i had a really tough time choosing after pref night and regreted my choice almost right after i opened my envelope, but thought i should at least give it a semester). now i really want to rush again in the fall as a sophomore for the other sorority (that i wish i would have chosen in the first place). i've never heard of anyone doing this. i think my school has a one year wait after pledging, but i dont think they address what happens if you were initiated, drop out, and then decide to join another sorority. i'd really like to do this, does anyone know if this has ever happened, or what the rules are?

also-- in my school we have to go to every sorority for 15 minutes, so i'd have to go to my old house, any way i can avoid going to my old house without being kickout out of rush??

PLEASE HELPPPPPP!!!

AXiDGirl10 05-31-2007 10:25 PM

Sorry, you can't do that. There are some other threads regarding this. You cannot join another NPC organization after you've been initiated into an NPC organization.

SummerLvn 05-31-2007 10:30 PM

thanks.... can i join an honors or service fraternity?

AlexMack 05-31-2007 10:31 PM

You really need to use the search function and check out the stickied thread at the top of the Greek Life forum.

The answer to your question is most likely a big fat no. No all around. You initiated, you're stuck. You can disaffiliate but you cannot join another sorority unless it's a local (or you're going local to national) but even then they may not want you because who wants a member who just chops and changes and displays zero commitment?

carnation 05-31-2007 10:39 PM

How come we've been hit with a flood of posters the last month who are all asking the same question?

Dionysus, is that you?

SummerLvn 05-31-2007 10:53 PM

hey centaur... i think you're the reason i dropped out of my sorority... seriously, who the hell do you think you are speaking to someone with such a rude tone that you don't even know? if this is what greeks are like, then count my out

cuteASAbug 05-31-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerLvn (Post 1458619)
hey centaur... i think you're the reason i dropped out of my sorority... seriously, who the hell do you think you are speaking to someone with such a rude tone that you don't even know? if this is what greeks are like, then count my out

You've been in a sorority for about a year now. You should know what greeks are like.

Dionysus 05-31-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 1458610)
How come we've been hit with a flood of posters the last month who are all asking the same question?

Dionysus, is that you?

Haha, no!

Quote:

You can try a NPHC sorority. They'll be glad to have you!

carnation 05-31-2007 10:58 PM

UH-oh. So I think we'll be clsong this thread right about now!

AlexMack 05-31-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Did you cry? I really hope so. If not I'm sure ****** will show up soon. I'm pretty sure I'm not the reason because I don't know you or your sorority. What sorority are you in anyway?
Seriously, did you even look around on this site before asking a repetitive question?