GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Omega Phi Alpha (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Nursery (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=86342)

MTSUGURL 04-13-2007 03:41 AM

Nursery

I don't know why it never occurred to me to share this, but it's kinda cool (to me anyway) and I'm having a "Man I miss my sisters" moment.

As a little girl I was obsessed with Raggedy Ann. I had dolls, a tea set, dressed as Raggedy Ann for Halloween, etc etc. Whenever a family member or friend has a baby girl, she gets a Raggedy Ann doll because every little girl should have one.
I have an 18 month old niece that is simply the sweetest little girl in the world, and when my sister in law got pregnant my mom started turning the office into a nursery. She admits that she decorated with my future children in mind, and created an adorable Raggedy Ann nursery! There are pillows, pictures, dolls, etc. There are other toy decorations as well, and she included enough of Andy that it would be appropriate for a boy or a girl. It's now my favorite room in their house. She did this before I joined OPA. I swear when I have children I want to copy it in my home...

DSTRen13 04-13-2007 09:01 AM

That's adorable :)

My grandmother's house has two themed guest bedrooms - one for her husband's hobby (John Deere collectibles), and the other for her's (Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and collectibles). It's crazy in there!

raggann03 04-14-2007 08:51 PM

That is adorable. you should take a pic and post it.

MTSUGURL 07-27-2013 01:46 AM

Feeling nostalgic so came to check out the OPA forum and found this thread... Going to be getting the Raggedy Ann stuff that my mom has and using it in our second bedroom because.... I'M HAVING A BABY!!!

(By the way, if we're Facebook friends, don't mention it there... We haven't told everyone yet.)

greekdee 07-27-2013 02:22 AM

Congratulations! That's such exciting news!

Growing up, I had so many dolls but never had a Raggedy Ann. I don't know why; she just never made it to me. Several years ago, I mentioned this to a friend. A few days later, I was straightening up around our Christmas tree -- and found a Raggedy Ann sitting among the packages! My friend had slipped in and left her there, saying the same you did in your first post about how every girl should have a Raggedy Ann. :)

Congrats again on your great news and wishing you all the best.

OPhiAGinger 07-27-2013 03:42 AM

Hurrah, MTSUGURL!!! I'm so happy for you! When are you due?

AOIIalum 07-27-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTSUGURL (Post 2227644)
Feeling nostalgic so came to check out the OPA forum and found this thread... Going to be getting the Raggedy Ann stuff that my mom has and using it in our second bedroom because.... I'M HAVING A BABY!!!

(By the way, if we're Facebook friends, don't mention it there... We haven't told everyone yet.)

I could not tell you why but I was just thinking about you the other day. Must have been reading an old thread where your user name popped up. Congratulations and may you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby!

MTSUGURL 07-28-2013 03:10 PM

Thanks guys! I'm due 2/23 next year. We've been trying for a while and have had some losses, but everything looks great this time. :)

DreamfulSpirit 07-29-2013 06:39 AM

Yay! Congrats!

naraht 07-30-2013 11:16 PM

Congrats!

OPhiAGinger 02-06-2014 12:51 PM

Congratulations to MTSUGurl!!!

MTSUGurl and MTSUHubby welcomed MTSUBaby into the world a little early on Jan 27 at 7:26 pm. Even though he was almost a month early, he weighed in at 6 lbs 1 oz. Mama and baby (and MTSUHubby) are snuggling comfortably at home, taking lots of pictures of his first two weeks out of the oven.

Oh, and his pictures are gorgeous! Good job, Crystal!

LouisaMay 02-06-2014 01:16 PM

Congratulations!!! I've been thinking of you. I'm so happy that your little man has arrived safely. Well done, mama.

naraht 02-06-2014 02:46 PM

Congrats

Congratulations on the birth...:)

amIblue? 02-06-2014 02:57 PM

Congratulations!

MTSUGURL 02-06-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amIblue? (Post 2260232)
Congratulations!

Thank you!!! He's super adorable and so far an AWESOME sleeper.