GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Question about Sorority "rushed first" (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=132960)

Skeet 03-12-2013 07:47 PM

Question about Sorority "rushed first"

After pref and the bids are all announced by the sororities, what does it mean if someone says ABC house "rushed first" and DEF house "rushed second"? Does it mean ABC filled their PC quota first? Or got the most of their first choice girls? Or was ranked as first choice by the most PNMs? Or does it not have a standard meaning?

(from Mom of a daughter who will be rushing, and trying to learn some of the terminology)

carnation 03-12-2013 07:48 PM

I have never heard those terms in my life.

33girl 03-12-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeet (Post 2207777)
After pref and the bids are all announced by the sororities, what does it mean if someone says ABC house "rushed first" and DEF house "rushed second"? Does it mean ABC filled their PC quota first? Or got the most of their first choice girls? Or was ranked as first choice by the most PNMs? Or does it not have a standard meaning?

(from Mom of a daughter who will be rushing, and trying to learn some of the terminology)

This sounds like campus terminology. Most likely it means the chapter who did "best" at rush. I would put zero faith in this as such terms are completely subjective.

pinksequins 03-12-2013 08:55 PM

I have heard the term. It is a measure of a group's recruitment strength on (based on statistics from the immediate recruitment) on the specific campus. That said, the OP's post is unclear whether she has heard the term used casually (in which case it very well may be subjective) or in other contexts.

AZTheta 03-12-2013 09:05 PM

Wait a minute... those numbers are not readily or publicly available, to my knowledge. Hmmmm...
sounds like more tent talk to me.

Skeet 03-12-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinksequins (Post 2207791)
I have heard the term. It is a measure of a group's recruitment strength on (based on statistics from the immediate recruitment) on the specific campus. That said, the OP's post is unclear whether she has heard the term used casually (in which case it very well may be subjective) or in other contexts.

Casually, as in comments made after rush was over. It was not in any kind of formal statement. We just didn't know if it had a specific definition.

I also wanted to add that this forum has been very informative and helpful. Thanks for having it.

Splash 03-12-2013 11:17 PM

I have heard this term before in regards to the house with the highest return rates (ranked highest by most PNMs) and therefore have to make the highest initial cuts. However I do not know if this is what the OP is referring to.