GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Cool Sites (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pottery Barn Greek Collection (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=120886)

TPA85 07-26-2011 06:07 PM

Pottery Barn Greek Collection

pbteen.com now has a Greek selection of merchandise!

Here's the link for those interested. I think I was starting to drool a little bit when I opened it...until I saw the price of the hair accessory storage!

http://www.pbteen.com/pages/pbdorm/g...av-_-GreekShop

33girl 07-26-2011 07:15 PM

makeup storage...ohhhhh...want....

While the prices are more than a bit ridic, huge giant ups to Pottery Barn for including ALL 26 NPC groups.

thetaj 07-26-2011 07:46 PM

bye bye monies

thetaj 07-26-2011 07:48 PM

Actually, after closer observation, WAY too expensive. In true PB fashion!!

DSTRen13 07-26-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33girl (Post 2073585)
makeup storage...ohhhhh...want....

While the prices are more than a bit ridic, huge giant ups to Pottery Barn for including ALL 26 NPC groups.

I don't really see much point in having letters on my makeup storage, but the letter-less versions are *perfect* ... I suddenly inexplicably need them!

AGDLynn 07-26-2011 07:57 PM

Guess they forgot the target customer is a COLLEGE STUDENT!!

IrishLake 07-26-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDLynn (Post 2073600)

AGREED

I don't need any of that, and I already promised my sister I'd buy her a Lily print item. Sorry PB!

33girl 07-26-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGDLynn (Post 2073600)

No, the target customer is a parent who will be begged to buy these by her college student. :)

indygphib 07-26-2011 09:27 PM

Gamma Phi Supersoft Throw = WANT

This is one item that isn't grossly overpriced. Overpriced, yes, but not nearly as bad as the decals or the makeup organizers.

BraveMaroon 07-26-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indygphib (Post 2073626)
Gamma Phi Supersoft Throw = WANT

This is one item that isn't grossly overpriced. Overpriced, yes, but not nearly as bad as the decals or the makeup organizers.

I actually didn't think the wall decals were too terribly priced. Back in the day, our house had rooms with anywhere from 2 - 5 girls in them - I know my roommate and I would have gladly split the cost of a set of decals for our wall. I suspect we wouldn't have been the only ones.

I like the towel wrap, but those can be had from anywhere and embroidered on the cheap.

indygphib 07-26-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BraveMaroon (Post 2073627)
I like the towel wrap, but those can be had from anywhere and embroidered on the cheap.

So could the throw, but Pottery Barn throws are soooooo incredibly awesomely soft and cozy!

TPA85 07-26-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BraveMaroon (Post 2073627)
I actually didn't think the wall decals were too terribly priced. Back in the day, our house had rooms with anywhere from 2 - 5 girls in them - I know my roommate and I would have gladly split the cost of a set of decals for our wall. I suspect we wouldn't have been the only ones.

I was really amped about the decals and would love to order them, until I realized the price listed is PER LETTER. No thanks!!

I do love that they have all 26 NPCs to choose from, though. Those of us in the smaller orgs are frequently frustrated by the lack of selection on some sites.

BraveMaroon 07-26-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPA85 (Post 2073662)
I was really amped about the decals and would love to order them, until I realized the price listed is PER LETTER. No thanks!!

I do love that they have all 26 NPCs to choose from, though. Those of us in the smaller orgs are frequently frustrated by the lack of selection on some sites.

Wait, $49 *per letter*? Aw, hell no!

This does make it an opportune time to be a 2 letter chapter, but no - that's insane.

Agreed that it's nice to see all 26 represented.

AUAZD2001 07-27-2011 04:59 AM

Pottery barn always makes me think of the friends episode when Rachel buys the apothecary table front there but lies about it to Phoebe b/c Phoebe hates anything mass-produced.

HannahXO 07-27-2011 10:41 AM

OK, I'll admit it.

I am a recovering PBTeen-aholic. When I was younger, I would spend hours pouring over the catalogue (which google chrome sees as a mispelling? apparently catalogues are obsolete or I can't spell?) and make wish lists for my dream bedroom that I could never afford. I LOVED their stuff, and they were one of the first companies to make teenage-appropriate but still sophisticated products.

If they weren't so expensive I would own half of the catalogue by now. *goes off to research cheaper alternatives because now I want wall decals soooo bad*