GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Sorority Recruitment (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Texas A&M recruitment is almost here! (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=153532)

Lagniappe 08-21-2015 01:06 PM

Texas A&M recruitment is almost here!

I'm moving DD to College Station tomorrow, and recruitment gets started on Sunday. It's hard to believe this weekend is finally here - I'm so excited for this new chapter in her life but it's such a bittersweet time for me. Best of luck to all the girls going through recruitment - I hope they all find sorority homes that bring them as much happiness, fond memories, and lifelong friendships as Phi Mu has given (and continues to give) me!

ceciliaky 08-21-2015 01:22 PM

I wonder if Ree Drummond's daughter is going through recruitment?

Just interested 08-21-2015 03:06 PM

I hope Phi Mu chooses to submit a packet to present at TAMU if they open for expansion. Just saying! You have great chapters in the Houston area so lots of alumnae help.

I heard the final number for recruitment this year is 1402. I believe that is up at bit from last year.

Ladybugmom 08-21-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just interested (Post 2327514)
I hope Phi Mu chooses to submit a packet to present at TAMU if they open for expansion. Just saying! You have great chapters in the Houston area so lots of alumnae help.

I heard the final number for recruitment this year is 1402. I believe that is up at bit from last year.

Wow! This number have finally surpassed UT. It used to be that A&M wasn't as big of a Greek school as Texas or Tech.

carnation 08-21-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceciliaky (Post 2327480)
I wonder if Ree Drummond's daughter is going through recruitment?

If she does, here's hoping she will choose her mom's sorority! PI BETA PHI!!!

Happy Alum 08-21-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lagniappe (Post 2327474)
I'm moving DD to College Station tomorrow, and recruitment gets started on Sunday. It's hard to believe this weekend is finally here - I'm so excited for this new chapter in her life but it's such a bittersweet time for me. Best of luck to all the girls going through recruitment - I hope they all find sorority homes that bring them as much happiness, fond memories, and lifelong friendships as Phi Mu has given (and continues to give) me!

LIOB

ceciliaky 08-21-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2327589)

exactly what I was thinking!

Delta-adpi 08-24-2015 02:43 PM

Good Luck to her! How did her first day go?

ChioLu 08-24-2015 03:25 PM

I have a friend's daughter going through Recruitment also and excited for her. A "big wig" Chi O wrote her rec.

Lagniappe 08-24-2015 05:16 PM

Delta-adpi, other than it being hotter than blazes, she's enjoying it. Today is day 2 of Go Greek round (parties started yesterday afternoon after convocation) where they visit all twelve houses (six yesterday and six today). Philanthropy will be spread out over two days, as well, starting tomorrow. Like Just interested mentioned, there are 1400 girls are going through.

Sciencewoman 08-24-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnation (Post 2327589)

How did I not know this...have to go tell generallygreek right now! I love the Pioneer Woman!

Delta-adpi 08-25-2015 08:32 AM

Great! How many rounds are they doing with that many PNMs? I am amazed at the size of Greek life at A&M. It's really grown from what I remember my friends going through 25 or so years ago.

amillionlights 08-25-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta-adpi (Post 2328449)
Great! How many rounds are they doing with that many PNMs? I am amazed at the size of Greek life at A&M. It's really grown from what I remember my friends going through 25 or so years ago.

From the panhellenic website, it looks like two "Go Greek!"/open house days, two philanthropy day, one skit day, and then pref. Bid day is this Saturday.

Delta-adpi 08-27-2015 07:32 AM

Thanks! How is it going so far for your daughter?

APhiLife 08-29-2015 10:40 AM

Does anyone know what time bid day is today?