GreekChat.com Forums

GreekChat.com Forums (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/index.php)
-   Greek Life (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2015/2016 Colonies/Expansions/Charters/Closures (http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=148223)

KatieKate1244 05-28-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISUKappa (Post 2411074)
I love that old chapter facilities that were once bought out and converted to apartments have now been returned to chapter houses - Alpha Phi (which used to be the Phi Kappa Tau house) and Delta Chi (which used to be the Phi Delta Theta house before Phi Delts bought Alpha Phi's old house and moved there).

There's also some amazing new construction with Delts and Sigma Chi's new houses (on their old lots, however), so if DG and PKT could find the land, it is possible. But with the construction of the new residence hall in that same area, land is really at a premium now. I wonder if SAE is renting out their facility while they're off campus or using the time to do updates.

I got to visit the new Sigma Chi house not too long ago! It's really nice although it has a bit too much of a dorm feeling to me. I haven't gotten to see the Delt house yet although I'd love to (I'd love to see all of the houses).

As far as the SAE house goes, I know there had been people living in it spring semester. I heard the university rented it to put student overflow into it. I've also heard there's a unhoused fraternity that's looking to move in this fall.

Titchou 05-28-2016 06:18 PM

Delta Gamma is building at Iowa St. Don't know the location but plans have been drawn

KatieKate1244 05-29-2016 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2411081)
Delta Gamma is building at Iowa St. Don't know the location but plans have been drawn

That's interesting to hear. They've already bought property here, they just haven't told anyone where.

ISUKappa 05-29-2016 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2411081)

That's good to hear! The one nice thing to building new is you can make it exactly how you want instead of trying to retrofit a house like some chapters have done over the years. I hope it's close to greekland. Some fraternities seem to manage ok farther away, but all the sororities are based in about a four block area. Exciting!!

Titchou 05-29-2016 08:01 AM

I don't know if they haven't told anyone. I think it's common knowledge there. I just haven't asked because I'm not familiar with the area and wouldn't have a clue.

ISUKappa 05-29-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titchou (Post 2411114)
I don't know if they haven't told anyone. I think it's common knowledge there. I just haven't asked because I'm not familiar with the area and wouldn't have a clue.

With a little digging, I found where they're going to be. That's a great location for them! Do you know if they're doing a complete teardown and rebuild or just renovating the current property?

DoctorD 06-10-2016 03:09 PM

Alpha Gamma Delta was chosen at UC Davis in a stacked position for 2019. Source: Facebook, Twitter

Titchou 06-10-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISUKappa (Post 2411125)
With a little digging, I found where they're going to be. That's a great location for them! Do you know if they're doing a complete teardown and rebuild or just renovating the current property?

All new from what I was told.

Griffins&Quills 06-11-2016 10:39 AM

I wonder when we'll hear about Pomona

ChioLu 06-11-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills (Post 2411786)
I wonder when we'll hear about Pomona

Per the Chi O Panhellenic adviser at Cal Poly Pomona, AXiD was chosen to colonize.

Updating with new info that it is a Fall colonization

DubaiSis 06-11-2016 03:36 PM

Huh. Maybe FHQ is working on a big Ta da! announcement, as we typically do. Our colony announcements over the last few years have been really impressive and fun. One I particularly liked was each of our Big 10 chapters (which is most of them) singing On Wisconsin.

Griffins&Quills 06-11-2016 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info!

^I remember that one, it was super cute! I loved the Texas Tech announcement too, a lot